Sign in to follow this  
ket

I Hate Birthdays

Today is my 21st birthday. I should be out partying with my friends or hell be doing something. I woke up and was too depressed to even get out of bed. Its just really depressing me that im so depressed that I just can't do anything. I hate birthdays. Another number added to my age and as usual my life is nothing like I wanted it to be. It's not like I had big dreams. I just want a tolerable life. Is that too much to ask

I felt the same way on my birthday, about 2 months ago. It was perhaps the worst birthday I ever had. I spent most of the day curled up in a ball and in tears. Depression just has a way of ruining events that should be joyful. It really sucks and I am sorry you are feeling so low today.

Maybe, just do one small thing for yourself that you like. On my birthday I just brought a tiny cake from my favorite store bakery and had a slice (it lasted a few days since I live alone). Maybe you can order your favorite pizza or Chinese food if you don't feel like going out. Or maybe you can watch your favorite movie or TV show. I hope that you can find something to enjoy on your birthday.

I love my birthday. It's coming up soon and I will turn 66. It's a day that I can do everything I like for myself. I cook my favorite food, watch my favorite movie, call and talk to my best friends, allow myself to sleep in a couple hours, etc. They aren't depressing for me like Christmas can be. It's a day that depression goes away and lets me life life to the fullest for 24 hours.

Sheepwoman