Sign in to follow this  
Ashlization85

Anyone Have Issues With Hydroxyzine?

So I am going out of town on a train ride and I am extremely claustrophobic, so I asked my psychiatrist if I can get medication for that. He prescribed me Hydroxyzine 10 mg told me to test it out at home and just like with Benadryl I had a bad reaction to it... shakes, (tremors) deep confusions and frigidity throughout the night. I told him it wasn't working for me and he suggested group therapy..... which has proven to not benefit me since I'm deaf.

Going to talk to my primary doctor and hope she will be a better help.

Hello, Ashlization85! I'm sorry you had a bad reaction. I was just prescribed hydroxyzine today! I will come back to this thread when I figure out it genuinely helps with my anxiety/anger/depression episodes.

I'm getting rather tired of my psychiatrist's uptight prescriptions. Have you had more luck with a primary care doctor than a psychiatrist?

I have tried it. I was looking for something for anxiety besides a benzo and got prescribed hydro.

Tried it and it not only made me really sleepy, but also made me a zombie and my depression much worse. I think it also gave me nightmares when I took it at night.

I don't like it.

Well I did try that but not for the same reason. I was having bad insomnia. However, it just made me feel more awake so I only took it once. Basically it didn't work for me. It felt stimulating to me. I guess it is supposed to make you sleepy or less anxious but it had the opposite effect on me.