Sign in to follow this  
starrykitten

Is There A Nice Way To Say This?

I'm thinking about a situation with someone that I know online. We haven't met in person but we are both writers and have a lot of mutual friends and such.

Over the past few years, there have been a lot of occasions on which he's sought out a friend, someone to talk to on the phone or chat with online, and I have stepped up to it many times. Lately when I've been in need of conversation, he hasn't ever come forward. Then tonight he posted again about wanting to converse with someone so I tried to strike up a conversation but he abandoned it very quickly. Now, I don't consider this guy to be a super close friend or anything, but he's someone with whom I'd like to remain on good terms. However, I feel like he's written me off for some reason and like he doesn't appreciate all the times he needed someone to talk to and I was there. Is there a nice way to address this with him? How should I phrase things?

Starry,

You might illuminate the obvious for him: "Hey, over the last few years I've been there for you...we got along well, and I could really use someone to talk to from time to time." (Blunt, for sure, but it might save you some wasted time, fret & frustration.)

Good luck Ma'am - CD