Sign in to follow this  
TwelveWaysNeurotic

Generic Brand Success Stories

I'd love to hear from people who have taken generic brand Lexapro and had success with it.

I am going to be starting with a generic prescription on Friday. I have had success with brand name Cipralex in the past....

I've heard some bad things about the generic, it would be great to hear from people who did well with it.

Thanks! :)

I've had success with escitalopram, the generic of brand name Lexapro/Cipralex.

I started taking brand name Lexapro before the generic was available, and the brand name Lexapro worked well for me.

When the generic escitalopram became available, my doctor switched me to the generic and I had no problems, no negative side effects, I felt the same as I had felt on the brand name Lexapro.

I do believe the stories of people who had trouble with the generic, and if someone had the time and money to do a legitimate study they would probably be able to identify a body chemistry or body genetics reason why it works for some people and doesn't work for other people, or identify a difference in the chemical construction of the name brand vs. the generic.

In the meantime, try it and see how it goes for you.

Edited by Lynn1954

What company manufactures the generic you are on, and who is the manufacture of Cipralex? Is that real Lexapro?

I had to stop taking the generic and am feeling myself with the Brand Lexapro.

I'll amswer my own Question.

Brand Name
Cipralex
Common Name
escitalopram

Cipralex is a generic of lexapro.

I took one made by Lupin and had worsening depression and aggitation.

My suggestion and thought is to try the Cipralex, save some money. In my case the bad reactions didn't start when I made the switch. It was somewhat delayed and became progressively nasty. Just keep track of any changes in your mood and reation to adversity.

Edited by DustyRoad

Henley,

I copied this off the Cipralex site. It identifies Cipralex as a generic, and not the brand.

Dusty

Although the use of the term BRAND is confusing to me after seeing one site that called each manufacturer's pill a brand.

Edited by DustyRoad