What Is The Greatest Life Lesson You Have Learned So Far?

hiding pain

I enjoy creating quotes, that way they seem more personal to me. I will share one of my quotes with you soon, but first; a lesson from a man named Abdu’l-Bahá:

"The mind and spirit of man advance when he is tried by suffering. The more the ground is ploughed the better the seed will grow, the better the harvest will be. Just as the plough furrows the earth deeply, purifying it of weeds and thistles, so suffering and tribulation free man from the petty affairs of this worldly life until he arrives at a state of complete detachment. His attitude in this world will be that of divine happiness. Man is, so to speak, unripe: the heat of the fire of suffering will mature him. Look back to the times past and you will find that the greatest men have suffered most."

"People keep asking me the worlds' most rhetorical question; I keep answering with the worlds' biggest lie. By the way, how are you? I'm fine." - My quote.

Lastly, a quote from a very close friend of mine. He had a brain haemorrhage 8 years ago and we was told he had a 50% chance to live. Luckily the surgery was successful and he survived, although since then, he has started experiencing many supernatural visions. However because of this he managed to come up with my favourite quote of all time:

"In dreams like these it seems; we find something to live for."

He originally wrote it as a lyric to a song I wrote on guitar, a song that we still play together 4 years later, yet when I hear him sing those words these days, little by little it restores a feeling I believed I had forgotten: Hope.

What i've learned it's not a great help but sad tales:

1) anything can happen (in my experience, bad things)

2) doesn't matter what you or others say, truth will **** it if it's not true (in cases of irrefutable external truths, like deaths, car crashes; still, historians or whatever can manufacture other kind of truth but i'm not talking about that)

3) if you're a truly mystical-romantic person, you might be alone for the rest of your life and not find any true love.

4) If you do nothing, you gain nothing

I'm having hard time on doing something. I'm living like (4). Trapped in my own lousy life because i don't have the willpower to try to change it.

here is a new one: just when you think you have learned the greatest life lesson a new one pops up. life IS a teacher, that's what's wonderful about it.

as I road my bike yesterday In the back roads I caught up to another rider, I though he was around fifty, he was actually 70, a doctor and still working. as we rode we talked, he told me that his work and riding are his passion, what keeps him going and wouldn't stop till he couldn't go any further, that's what he advised me to do. you would be amazed the type of people you meet on the back roads of America. I also talk to lost of homeless, many veterans out there. most are just the nicest and most intriguing people. many are well educated, were well off at one time till drug addiction, MI or just life set them in a different path.

Live you life for the moment as it is all you have.

Be the best you can be each moment just because you can,

Do the best for other people regardless just because you can

Love your life and do only things in a loving way just because you can

Do the Best, Be the Best, Think the Best, Hear only the Best Love as Best you can everbody you can

Edited by jimbow15

• 2 weeks later...

Live you life for the moment as it is all you have.

Be the best you can be each moment just because you can,

Do the best for other people regardless just because you can

Love your life and do only things in a loving way just because you can

Do the Best, Be the Best, Think the Best, Hear only the Best Love as Best you can everbody you can

Beautiful words to live by, thank you <3

Don't quit your job and expect to find a better one. Being unemployed significantly hurts your job prospects. Have a new job lined up before you quit. If you jump off the cliff, you'll only hurt yourself.

Edited by Mr_Entropy