Pokemon Fans... Anyone? Lol

ashwinte

I am a Pokeman fan, but believe it or not, have never played the game. I did a bunch of illustrations of the character Pikachu in the style of various artists throughout art history. My artwork was supposed to be displayed in a public library but I was informed that this could not be done since Pikachu is the intellectual property of Gameboy. Apparently there is an entire law firm devoted to protecting Pikachu and other Pokemon. . Not bad considering he is a fictitious character in manga, anime and games.

Thanks for the replies- LilyRain and Epictetus.

Lilyrain- I'm better with the original 150 too. They are still my favorite. Though I haven't played any other games except Emerald, which I strongly dislike. =)

Epictetus- Didn't know that a electric anime could be so protected. Too Funny! =)

I can still remember all of the original 151....

Anyone see that twitch tv stream, where about 300k people were trying to play the same game of pokemon red, and hilariously, not getting very far :D

I didn't see it, but I heard about it! It's basically the internet at it's finest, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I changed my avatar to suit the thread!

Thanks licorice! I just got my 3ds and I'm hoping to get all the games because I also have a GBA SP. I'm hoping to collect all the games from GB-3DS! =D

Sounds ambitious. I remember about five years ago there was a GameStop in town and I could get used games for about the same as a meal at McDonald's. Now it's closed and people are selling them for $20-40 each online.

Edited by Licorice

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I've only played the old school Red & Blue...then some kid borrowed it and saved over my data before I got to play Pokemon Stadium T_T; I still watched the show up until mid-Jhoto league...then I just grew out of it. For a while, I was surprised that it was still super popular but now it's growing on me again.

I never played pokemon game. but I use to watch the tv show, it was on at 6h30am I would watch it before going to school. I remember I would try to memorize most of them. My favorite one was Charmander I didn't want him to elvolve since he was so cute lol I love jigglypuff singing

and who could forget misty psyduck

• 2 months later...

I loved Pokémon back in the day. When my grandpa died, I got his old tv and vcr. I programmed the VCR to record Pokémon at 4 pm everyday so when I got home from school, I could watch it and skip thru the commercials! :). There was also an anime store in the mini mall on the air base. I spent a lot of time and money on Pokémon merch. Cards, watch, action figures, books.

Those were the good ol' days.

I also sketched many Pokémon during break at school. I played the red and blue version on Gameboy. Anyone remember Pokémon Snap and Pokémon puzzle for the N64?

I still own them and occasionally play them.