Sign in to follow this  
LoopyLee

Financial Instability

Hi there

My husband is bipolar and was diagnose about two years ago. He started treatment around March last year. My concern is the depression he's experiencing. He has chatted to his physch about it because it doesn't seem to be getting any better, even though he is on antidepressants. He is also extremely anxious and very tired all the time to the point where it is affecting his ability to work.

He has a small print magazine which he sells advertising in. He is struggling to meet his deadlines and find new business each month due to his mental state. His doctor has advised him to rather find a job to alleviate some of the pressures associated with running your own business. He's all for it and has been looking for a job for the past few months but hasn't managed to find one yet.

Our finances are stretched to the max and we aren't anywhere near cutting even. I have already eliminated any unnecessary expenses. The bottom line is that I need to earn more to cover the household finance. I already have a full time job, so my question is, does anyone out there know of something I can do from home on computer (no risk) to earn a decent amount of extra cash?

Welcome to DF, LoopyLee,

I know what it's like to be Bipolar and work. I survived for over 40 years in the workforce-the first 20 something, untreated. With the proper combo of meds, your hub should not have a lot of depression and anxiety. Maybe a thorough review of his meds would be a good idea. Or you could even go for a second opinion with a different pdoc (go outside of any group practice.)

Some companies have work at home options. You would have to apply with different employers to see what's avasilable. Most home-based computer employment that I know of is medical billing/accounts receivable, collections, telemarketing and maybe data entry. Do you know medical transcription? Sometimes hospitals or private/group practice doctors farm out their dictation. It's still limited what you can do from home. Most evening/night jobs are done in an office/store/facility. You could try your local unemployment office. They have a lot of unlisted jobs. Your hub may want to try them also. Good luck

Sheepwoman

Welcome to the DF. Sorry you have been going through so much. You sound like a very intelligent person who can figure things out. Sheepwoman seems to have some good leads. Wishing you the best.