Sign in to follow this  
HumanBlackHole

I'm Done Trusting In God

I suffer so much its not funny but it's not Gods fault.he may test us in ways we dont understand but keep you faith

in him and i promise the outcome will be worth it.remember the devil only attacks those who belive in Jesus and not the

lost because he already has them.stay strong my friend,god is with us.

its hard to trust God when things r going bad but y then do we trust Him when they r going going? we either trust Him or we don't. Did u not trust ur parents either way? God is the same. He is God at all times. Please remember that we aren't robots, we have free will n therefore free thinking but He is still God. scripture tells us that through trials n tribulation we grow n that those things should not compare to our riches in heaven. because things r going badly doesn't mean He doesn't love you or is punishing you. life has its own ebbs n flows, some bad things happen because this is how life moves, the same for good thing happening.

Sometimes people make a decision to take a particular path in their life which only causes problems later on. This was not directed by God, it was our own choice. In my case now I got married to someone that did not care about God and now I am dealing with a divorce, I divorce that I had initiated, because she tried to say lies to try to put me in jail.

The divorce and all its problems were not because of God, it was my own fault. I chose to take a path that I should not have, and while at the time everything seemed okay when I got married, tragedy was around the corner and I could have avoided this if I followed what God wanted me to do.

There also has been some collateral damage. When people are given the freedom to make their own choice, they do not realize that collateral damage would effect the lives of other people, many times people completely unrelated to the situation. My divorce has caused collateral damage that I never expected.

My marriage turned out to be a complete failure, and it was my own fault because I knew better, but I chose to do what I knew I should not do.

When things are going well people tend to forget about God, do their own thing, then when things go bad many people blame God, as if God is supposed to serve them when needed and then go away when things are well..

Well, it just does not work out that way. I cannot blame God for the mess I made. I did it, not him.

If I listened to what God says in his word, the Holy Bible, I would have never gotten myself in this mess. If I listened to Him when things were going well I would not be in this situation.

One good thing I can say is that we did not have any children, becaue if we did,

the lives of the children would be effected by my mistake as well.

We are not robots. we have free will, but the effects of our actions branch out like branches in a tree, and spread out to effect many others, one way or another.

Likewise the free actions of others, many whom you have never met, have spread out to effect many others, including you and me. In a good or bad way, or both.

It is no fault of God. I am describing my situation and I am not attacking anyone.

I am being a man by taking responsibility for my actions and admitting my mistakes.

What I should have done was to trust God from the very beginning,

before any damage would be done.

I should have trusted God, when everything was going well, before things turned bad.

Now, I have to learn my lesson.

Edited by svendorrian

Sometimes people make a decision to take a particular path in their life which only causes problems later on. This was not directed by God, it was our own choice. In my case now I got married to someone that did not care about God and now I am dealing with a divorce, I divorce that I had initiated, because she tried to say lies to try to put me in jail.

The divorce and all its problems were not because of God, it was my own fault. I chose to take a path that I should not have, and while at the time everything seemed okay when I got married, tragedy was around the corner and I could have avoided this if I followed what God wanted me to do.

There also has been some collateral damage. When people are given the freedom to make their own choice, they do not realize that collateral damage would effect the lives of other people, many times people completely unrelated to the situation. My divorce has caused collateral damage that I never expected.

My marriage turned out to be a complete failure, and it was my own fault because I knew better, but I chose to do what I knew I should not do.

When things are going well people tend to forget about God, do their own thing, then when things go bad many people blame God, as if God is supposed to serve them when needed and then go away when things are well..

Well, it just does not work out that way. I cannot blame God for the mess I made. I did it, not him.

If I listened to what God says in his word, the Holy Bible, I would have never gotten myself in this mess. If I listened to Him when things were going well I would not be in this situation.

One good thing I can say is that we did not have any children, becaue if we did,

We are not robots. we have free will, but the effects of our actions branch out like branches in a tree, and spread out to effect many others, one way or another.

Likewise the free actions of others, many whom you have never met, have spread out to effect many others, including you and me. In a good or bad way, or both.

It is no fault of God. I am describing my situation and I am not attacking anyone.

I am being a man by taking responsibility for my actions and admitting my mistakes.

I should have trusted God, when everything was going well, before things turned bad.

what are you trying to say?

Our lives did not start at the point that we are at. There was a history that brought us to the present point.

Generally speaking, for the most part, we are responsible for the path that we took in our lives that brought us to the present point.

It was our free choice.

Now if you were dealt a bad card in life, this may be due to the actions of other persons (or groups) that had a negative influence in your life, or your parent's life.

Even today, actions that people do could have negative consequences for generations to come.

God cannot be blamed for the free choices and free will actions of people.

It was our free choice. We are not born as robots.

I am here to support, and not to prove any point. You have a free choice to believe in whatever you choose to believe.

You have the freedom to choose what you want to believe, and I am not here to question your choice, just to help explain things a little better.

Again, I am here to help support, to help explain this topic a little better. I am not trying to prove any point.

Whatever point you choose is up to you, because you are free to do so. God is not making that choice for you. God is not making decisions for you. You are making the decisions.

I do not know how simpler I can respectfully say that.

Maybe something is wrong with me because I do not have the mental capability to see how God can be blamed for the free actions and free choices (good or bad) of people.

This is especially true if you are Atheist. Because in that case an Atheist freely chooses to not believe in a God.

I hope I helped you somehow. If I did not then disregard because I do not know how simpler I can say it.

Edited by svendorrian

I can tell you how my spiritual experiences have helped me with my depression.

Now, reading God's Word, prayer, and following his principles have helped me immensely.

Does that make life any easier? No, but I have a motivation, I have a purpose, and because I have a purpose, I have meaning.

And this has been a critical element in dealing with my depression.

It did not happen overnight, it took years, and there is no end point, its a path in which I grow in my own faith and beleifs.

And through my growth, I have come to understand more and more of God, on deeper and deeper levels.

This, in turn, helps me to see things better, and helps me to find a meaning in my life.

When I first decided to trust in God things did not get easier, and a deeper understanding did not just happen.

I needed to grow spiritually, and growing spiritually takes time and effort. Following his principles have helped me with my depression in ways that no one can understand.

And despite my own problems in life. I can see where he has helped me so much in my life that I am not able to fully understand.

There have been ups and downs, there is no easy street, and I will make mistakes.

But I have learned the right path according to His principles, and that path has always been the best path for me in the long run, because God already sees where my path ends, while I cannot even see around the corner.

I am not preaching or forcing anything on you. This is just my experience in how God has helped me and my depression and other mental issues.

Perhaps this also can help you somehow, for whatever its worth.

thank you sven, for offering your perspective on my situation. Again, I was expecting a sharp rebuke, but rather than rebuking me, you reacted with respect and kindness (something that's rare among people these days IMO)

Well, what if everything had gone well...? Would it still have been a mistake or bad choice then? No one is a psychic who can predict the future (well typically) and why do things going wrong have to be anyone's fault, God or otherwise? Sometimes "shoot just happens," as they say. Bad things happen to "good" people and people who do everything right too. Sometimes all we can do is our best and hope for the best because there'll always be risk and unknowns no matter what choices we make.

Edited by CloudsInMyChamomile11

Well, what if everything had gone well...? Would it still have been a mistake or bad choice then? No one is a psychic who can predict the future (well typically) and why do things going wrong have to be anyone's fault, God or otherwise? Sometimes "shoot just happens," as they say. Bad things happen to "good" people and people who do everything right too. Sometimes all we can do is our best and hope for the best because there'll always be risk and unknowns no matter what choices we make.

interesting viewpoint. Thank you, Clouds

I think it is natural to wonder why God would let us suffer if He loves us so much. We discussed this in my RCIA classes once (the classes I took before I converted to Catholicism). The priest told us the suffering happens because there is evil in the world. Personally, I do not completely understand why God would allow such profound evil to exist, the type of evil that causes our suffering. I don't think that He "tests" us by "letting" evil things happen" however. God is love, and loves us. I think evil is here because a long time ago man let it in, by choosing to do what Satan told us instead of what He said. We do have free will, and sometimes people choose to do evil things. Which affect others in a bad way. Take me for instance. Those kids chose to bully me when I was younger. In addition, some of the teachers, principals, and other adults chose not to help me. All of those things played a large part in my depression and low self esteem today.

I guess I just want to let you know that I understand how you are feeling right now. If you choose not to believe that God loves you, that would make me sad. But I would understand. I would choose to respect your feelings, but will not hesitate to pray that you are able to work through your feelings, that He would help you and put someone in your life to help you. I really hope that things get better for you.

I think it is natural to wonder why God would let us suffer if He loves us so much. We discussed this in my RCIA classes once (the classes I took before I converted to Catholicism). The priest told us the suffering happens because there is evil in the world. Personally, I do not completely understand why God would allow such profound evil to exist, the type of evil that causes our suffering. I don't think that He "tests" us by "letting" evil things happen" however. God is love, and loves us. I think evil is here because a long time ago man let it in, by choosing to do what Satan told us instead of what He said. We do have free will, and sometimes people choose to do evil things. Which affect others in a bad way. Take me for instance. Those kids chose to bully me when I was younger. In addition, some of the teachers, principals, and other adults chose not to help me. All of those things played a large part in my depression and low self esteem today.

I guess I just want to let you know that I understand how you are feeling right now. If you choose not to believe that God loves you, that would make me sad. But I would understand. I would choose to respect your feelings, but will not hesitate to pray that you are able to work through your feelings, that He would help you and put someone in your life to help you. I really hope that things get better for you.

thank you very much for understanding me, tami

I mean, everything is going wrong for me, so why should I believe in a god who lets me suffer so much? It's pointless... I'm done...

hi there blackhole, its tough when one is having a hard time in life, especially when u feel that God doesn't care, I been there many, many times and am sure that I'll be there again but we must not give up. Its ok to blame God, I truly believe this and I have done it done myself; He is a big enough God to deal with this, if He weren't than He would be God.

it would be helpful to u and anyone else who is going through a hard time if u can look for the cause of this, sometimes u probably wont find any cause, it just happens. I think because of my age and the time that I have dealt with mental illness I try to pin point the cause of my problems/pain/suffering. if I'm able to do something to lessen it or make it better than I try to but if I cant I try to ride out the best I can. because of my MI at times I tend to magnify my problems at time, looking back at them I realize they weren't as bad as I thought. Hang in there and do the best u can.

When you are trully questioning faith in God and are open to sincere, authentic truth, whatever it may be, it is so very disheartening to hear BS..

thank you for understanding what I'm trying to say. I appreciate it

thank you to the both of you for replying with such compassion. I was expecting a sharp rebuke, but instead you two reacted with such care. I appreciate it

u r so right, bad things happen