Sick Of Materialistic People.

sundry

I can't imagine my life around so many greedy people. All they think about is themselves, nothing else matters to them. It seems as if everyone is like that. The more coal you lend them, the more steam they puff. They get angry when you give them something, because materialistic items feed their desires and that's how they show their respect. It's dreadful. They're just like choo-choo trains.

Edited by sundry

I think you'll find many non-materialistic people here. I'd be happy living in a room with an endless bookshelf, personally, and I know others, though they are few. We're out here!

At least Pope Francis is turning away from the money grubbers. Maybe he'll change the world. :-)

To an extent i agree that materialistic people are often greedy and selfish, but sometimes they are just empty, they think they need all this stuff to fill a void in their lives. Every coin has two sides is the point im making here :)

• 2 weeks later...

I feel kind of sorry for the materialistic...........I mean the marketing and consumerism gets rammed down our throats 24/7 and people are just unaware and gobble it up. Can they really help it?

Maybe they're happy? I say they as if it doesn't include us.. I'm sure everyone's got something they're materialistic about. I don't consider myself generally materialistic but I'm a record geek, got tons of cds, vinyl and cassettes. Completely pointless. Hardly ever listen to the physical records but it's a passion and I certainly don't have enough passion in my life! I'm not a helpless consumer who's had the wool pulled over his eyes by capitalists, I'm just a guy with a hobby. People like what they like and I don't think it's really fair to judge someone who's got all the latest gadgets and fashions any differently from a collector of antiques, books or music etc. If they're happy with what they're doing or striving for, good for them. Even if you think they can't help it and they're conning themselves, so long as they're happy I still say good for them.