I Love Being Alone

blueyonder

Does anyone else love being alone?

i love being alone, LOVE it. When I'm alone, I feel SO free and peaceful. sometimes i feel bored, but NEVER lonely. If I feel bored, I can just read a book or go for a walk outside, and then I don't feel bored anymore.

When I'm alone I feel like I can never be misunderstood, and I don't have to struggle to understand another person and I feel so great because I know that no one is going to make any demands on me that I don't want to fulfill. And I feel safe from the unpredictability of others. Other people's voices annoy me so much, they are so noisy, and always asking for more. They talk at such high volumes. I don't enjoy having the eyes of other people looking at me, they stare and I hate it!

Whenever I have to attend a social occasion, I feel so overwhelmed! It's really difficult to perform the long list of things that other people expect, and my heart isn't in it. I think, "Do I really have to do this?" And I can't see why I have to do it, or why it's so important to other people - it's not important to me! I don't want the things that they want! I always do the wrong thing, and I just can't stand it all. It just stresses me out, I can't perform according to the expectations of others. The idea of being in an intimate relationship seems to me like attending a social engagement CONSTANTLY, without ever getting to go home. I was in a long term relationship before, I hated it, it was just like that! The other person just won't leave me alone! Unlimited expectations, I can only disappoint! But I'm naked in that situation, I have no defenses!

Some people feel a strong need to be with other people, I'm not like that! There are so many good things about being alone. I love peace and quiet, I don't enjoy talking, it's so confusing, the other person never says what they really mean, and they are always trying to manipulate me by giving me little reasons why I should do something, but the real reason is just because they want me to do that thing. There are definitely good things about being alone, and I'm so happy that I don't need to be with other people. I wish that other people who are lonely could feel a bit more like I feel, and enjoy the good things about being alone.

Does anyone else love being alone?

i love being alone, LOVE it. When I'm alone, I feel SO free and peaceful. sometimes i feel bored, but NEVER lonely. If I feel bored, I can just read a book or go for a walk outside, and then I don't feel bored anymore.

When I'm alone I feel like I can never be misunderstood, and I don't have to struggle to understand another person and I feel so great because I know that no one is going to make any demands on me that I don't want to fulfill. And I feel safe from the unpredictability of others. Other people's voices annoy me so much, they are so noisy, and always asking for more. They talk at such high volumes. I don't enjoy having the eyes of other people looking at me, they stare and I hate it!

Whenever I have to attend a social occasion, I feel so overwhelmed! It's really difficult to perform the long list of things that other people expect, and my heart isn't in it. I think, "Do I really have to do this?" And I can't see why I have to do it, or why it's so important to other people - it's not important to me! I don't want the things that they want! I always do the wrong thing, and I just can't stand it all. It just stresses me out, I can't perform according to the expectations of others. The idea of being in an intimate relationship seems to me like attending a social engagement CONSTANTLY, without ever getting to go home. I was in a long term relationship before, I hated it, it was just like that! The other person just won't leave me alone! Unlimited expectations, I can only disappoint! But I'm naked in that situation, I have no defenses!

Some people feel a strong need to be with other people, I'm not like that! There are so many good things about being alone. I love peace and quiet, I don't enjoy talking, it's so confusing, the other person never says what they really mean, and they are always trying to manipulate me by giving me little reasons why I should do something, but the real reason is just because they want me to do that thing. There are definitely good things about being alone, and I'm so happy that I don't need to be with other people. I wish that other people who are lonely could feel a bit more like I feel, and enjoy the good things about being alone.

That's very nice thinking and writing you provided!

I too love being alone. I need to be alone in order to balance myself. I also like to hang out with people especially with my family.

I'm definitely in the class of people that needs alone time though.

Yeah, I think it's very healthy to want to spend time with loved ones. Not everyone's like me, which is a good thing!!!! :-) But there are some great things about being alone!

It's a good thing that everyone isn't like me too...

What I meant to say is that it's very healthy to accept that you like to be alone. Everybody is different and, we get to a point in life where, we need to accept ourselves.

Self acceptance is one of the biggest steps that many of us face....Without it we're in trouble.

Do well my friend!!

I enjoy being alone, took a long time to adapt and now it's partly a defence mechanism to having been burned/forgotten so many times. Admittably there are times when i hate being alone but the fact I am comfortable being alone means I can now choose who I let in to my life and avoid any major triggers that could send me out of control.

I need both to survive. I am a type of person who needs everything to balance out. So I need times where I can be alone, but I also have times where I need people. I have spent most of my life alone and while there are many wonderful things that come from it, it also causes a great deal of pain.

I like this topic, thanks for sharing! I'm not sure if I like being alone or not. I have a lot of trouble relating to people especially my family and them relating to me I think too, so being alone is definitely a comfort and a safe place. But at the same time when I'm alone I don't do much and I worry that I'm not getting enough "mental stimulation" so to speak.

I love being alone too. I really do. I'm a housewife and I enjoy the time when my husband's at work but on the other hand I can't wait for him to get home every day. So I'm not completely alone, I guess, and I'd be devastated if I ever didn't have him. But even when he's home it's not like we're all up in each others business the entire time. I need a balance of alone time/husband time. But I hate going out. HATE. I need exactly ZERO out-of-the-house time. I get very anxious when I know I have to go somewhere...especially social events. I avoid them at all costs.