What Gives You A Happy Feeling?

tanercloud

I'm interested in knowing what little things in life can make you feel a lot better.

For me, most people are cold and distant around me, but for some reason kids are able to connect with me. During a family reunion I was in the pool and I got to know my 8 year old cousin by teaching her to swim. When it was time to go, she ran up to me and hugged me and told her parents that she wanted to stay with me. They were surprised because I'm the guy nobody knows anything about, the guy nobody talks to. It was this small, seemingly insignificant moment that nearly made me cry because I'm not used to anybody caring about me. Have you guys ever experienced something similar?

Edited by tamercloud

Real love and genuine friendship - unfortunately I have not experienced those things in real-life for a long time.

Simple things for me: discovering new music, going for long and pointless road trips, taking photographs, snowfall, not having to wake up in the morning and the feeling of being lost in a book or video game to the point that I am sufficiently detached from reality.

What makes me happy is a quiet house. I can sit and meditate with nothing but my own self. Reading books. My cat, silly perhaps. And knowing others with my conditions understand me. Because those who don't experience the illness cannot ever understand it. It makes me extremely happy to babble (because I'm always scattered with my thoughts) and maybe I'll get advice how to deal.

I'm interested in knowing what little things in life can make you feel a lot better.

For me, most people are cold and distant around me, but for some reason kids are able to connect with me. During a family reunion I was in the pool and I got to know my 8 year old cousin by teaching her to swim. When it was time to go, she ran up to me and hugged me and told her parents that she wanted to stay with me. They were surprised because I'm the guy nobody knows anything about, the guy nobody talks to. It was this small, seemingly insignificant moment that nearly made me cry because I'm not used to anybody caring about me. Have you guys ever experienced something similar?

Hi tamercloud,

You brought up a good point about being able to connect with children, their emotions are pure without all of the added baggage we collect along the way in life. I'm sorry you feel you don't have anyone in your life that cares about you. But here at DF, we do care about you. Please post how you're feeling and the members here can help you with some positive insights.

Hi tamercloud,

You brought up a good point about being able to connect with children, their emotions are pure without all of the added baggage we collect along the way in life. I'm sorry you feel you don't have anyone in your life that cares about you. But here at DF, we do care about you. Please post how you're feeling and the members here can help you with some positive insights.

Thanks!

I wish I had found this site sooner. There's so many good-hearted people on this site. :)

Real love and genuine friendship - unfortunately I have not experienced those things in real-life for a long time.

Simple things for me: discovering new music, going for long and pointless road trips, taking photographs, snowfall, not having to wake up in the morning and the feeling of being lost in a book or video game to the point that I am sufficiently detached from reality.

I also love going long road trips. Sometimes I just want to drive around and listen to music with the windows down and feel the breeze

Tamer,

Maybe its due to the fact that kids see through the bs that us adults surround ourselves with and in that incident, you showed that you can care and more importantly, give the most precious gift - Your time! Have 8 nieces and nephews and they give me the most joy cos I know I don't need to have any superficiality around them (sure, when they get tired, they are cranky). Great fun even trading insults with them - "Poopy pants", "Farty bum".

That and music really helps me. And as obey123 said, walks in the park.

Nice thread - kudos!

I have phenomenal neighbors. Since we're all sick we take care of each other. Just going out and talking with them is a nice distraction that can lift the spirits for awhile.

Music is also something that brings good feelings. Of course it can also make you bawl your eyes out. But that is the nature of music and no matter what feelings it brings is a good thing.

Made an account just to keep this thread alive.

As many people said, Great Music.

And for some reason, watching kids argue: It makes me laugh to think that I actually used to get offended by seemingly silly insults.

Also, being in control of events; Being looked up to and respected even just for a day is a great feeling.

That is why I try to volunteer at Music or gaming events around town, just for that split-second of confidence.