Sign in to follow this  
onlinefitnesstrainer24

Sudden Change In What I Have Been Feeling

Few weeks ago I was feeling depressed practically everyday. I felt sad and lonely, was hating myself. Then all of a sudden it was like I stopped feeling those feelings and it scares me. When I felt depressed I at least had an idea of what I was feeling and could work on trying to cope with it. Now I don't know what I am feeling. I don't feel happy or sad. I wish that I could just have those old feelings back because at least I would know what direction I would be moving in, which would be to try and cope with those feelings. Now I don't know anymore.

Dunno,

Has there been any event in the last few days or have you actually been relaxing and letting the system cool down for want of a better word? If you have reached a plateau, maybe it is time to "force" yourself to seek enjoyment in things again, but in small steps. Like the enjoyment got out of a good meal or a nice bit of fresh fruit - just don't eat next time, but take your time and savour it. This can be applied across the board - like when taking a walk, actually stop and listen to the sounds about. Its a long journey back to feeling joy again but you can do it

you can cope with this as well, like Stonium says by seeking an alternative to these feelings, by actively seeking and taking time to appreciate pleasure in things, you can do it!!!