..feeling Low, Need To Be Picked Up

laurenamber

hey,

I've been feeling pretty good for a few days, and then today my ex boyfriend messaged my current boyfriend talking crap.. saying how I'm 'whacked out' and not worthy of anyones love. I feel really low and my boyfriend's busy, I'm meant to be going out for my friends birthday tomorrow but I'm not sure I feel like it. once I get some alcohol in my system I think I'll be okay but I just feel like I've hit rock bottom again.

I'm really disappointed in myself because it's been a good week or so of feeling good and getting things done, there's been a few low moments but nothing like this.. I just want to stay in bed and cry my eyes out..

anyone got any optimistic quotes? or any ideas to lift me up a little. thanks for listening x

Edited by laurenamber

Hi!

Sorry that happened to you. That's awful! You didn't deserve that and you are good person. Whatever you are suffering cannot take away your goodness and dignity. Sometimes I think of it like this: A person is a diamond. A diamond is always a diamond. Even if someone throws it in the mud. It is still a diamond. As long as it exists it is precious and no can take that away from it. So you are a diamond too. I don't think this is really an optimistic quote so much as a realistic quote. You are REALLY a diamond.

You are really a special person, unique in all the universe, never to be repeated, never having existed before and never being duplicated again. Please try to remember that when times are dark. I am sending you my best thoughts and best best wishes! Take care. You are not alone!!!

I know how you feel. But feelings are not the truth. And neither is someone else's opinion of you or your suffering. Try to remember that is temporary. Being around people that don't understand can't be helpful..

Be careful of the alcohol, as it is a depressant even though it makes you feel better at the moment.

Let us know if you make the party!

You are not "whacked out"

You are beautiful and strong, just by being here.

Lauren your Ex is TRYING to bring you down because he sees how happy you are without him. Your boyfriend loves you or he wouldn't be with you, and that love makes any hate your Ex throws at you two powerless.

Every day isn't going to be perfect but just keeping at it and IGNORE what people who are jealous of your happiness - like your ex - say! You're doing better with your boyfriend now, right? So focus on that as much as you can on the bad days.

This was an anthem for me growing up, still is........hopefully it'll help you too!:

hey,

I've been feeling pretty good for a few days, and then today my ex boyfriend messaged my current boyfriend talking crap.. saying how I'm 'whacked out' and not worthy of anyones love. I feel really low and my boyfriend's busy, I'm meant to be going out for my friends birthday tomorrow but I'm not sure I feel like it. once I get some alcohol in my system I think I'll be okay but I just feel like I've hit rock bottom again.

I'm really disappointed in myself because it's been a good week or so of feeling good and getting things done, there's been a few low moments but nothing like this.. I just want to stay in bed and cry my eyes out..

anyone got any optimistic quotes? or any ideas to lift me up a little. thanks for listening x

Ok I have to ask...How did he get your boyfriend's number?

Edited by Barry Blue

hey,

Damn, sounds like you've done well to get away from your ex. To even feel like doing that he must be really bitter and spiteful. Even if he did 100% believe what he was saying, how is it his place to decide what your current boyfriend sees in you and thinks is good enough for him? It looks like sour grapes to me, nothing more.

I know exactly what you mean about the disappointment over a good week and then the crash. Sometimes it comes out of nowhere, sometimes there's a clear link and not that you need to justify how you're feeling it sounds like you've got a damned good reason for it.

I find this song a really odd comfort

Nothing Lasts Forever - not even the lows.

Edited by RichW

hey,

Ok I have to ask...How did he get your boyfriend's number?

he didn't get his number - it was via social networking. I'd never give him his number!

thank you so much everyone. it was so nice to wake up to your replies, I feel quite lifted since reading them!

TIRE_D - I think I will end up going to the party, I have therapy in about two hours so that should help.. feel bad for always letting people down also. don't worry, I only intend to use the alcohol to boost my mood! I know it's a depressant, it's probably not the best idea is it.. haha x

2NE1 - thank you and I love the lyrics in the song you posted, another good one is

x

RichW - thank you so much and I love that song too! he has a really nice voice, thanks for sharing. yep, sour grapes I just hate the way he gets involved and tries to bring me down. it was bad enough being with him - now we're apart and he still finds his way to me x

Epictetus - thank you! I love your way of viewing people as diamonds.. I might try and view people and myself that way too, it's true, we get stuff thrown at us but underneath it all we are still us. thank you. x

AintNoHer0 - I like his voice! glad you find peace in it. x

thank you all so much - it really has lifted my mood even if only a tiny bit. I hope you all have a great day and feel good. xx

RichW - thank you so much and I love that song too! he has a really nice voice, thanks for sharing. yep, sour grapes I just hate the way he gets involved and tries to bring me down. it was bad enough being with him - now we're apart and he still finds his way to me x

It says far more about him than it does you. I almost feel sorry for him for not being able to let go, Almost, it's hard to feel any sympathy for someone cruel enough to do what he has.