Happy Holidays, In Spite Of Our Issues

All,

As a fairly new member of the Forum, I wish you only the best in Mental and Emotional well-being!! This holiday season will be a challenge, but I know that I am not alone in my struggle, and am bolstered by knowing that while there are others who are in the same type of survival mode as I, and know that there is strength-of-spirit in numbers. Focusing on what we have to be thankful-for, and soldiering-on through these next several days will definitely test our mettle, but I know that we can make it, and be better/ stronger people for it. Do please tell those you love, that you DO love them and just how important they are to you. Thank them for their patience and support, while you work on being a better YOU....I know I will.

Warmest wishes for you and your families - CD

This Christmas I was missing a few faces, but I had them all with me in spirit. This Christmas has been harder for me to enjoy, but I made special effort to make it ahppen, because I always used to LOVE it... had to keep it special for those I am missing. And for me it's still a time to make memories with the loves who are still in my life. The sun was shining bright today, and my mum actually prepared me a couple of vegetarian dishes for dinner, so it was nice not having to be stuck eating oranges all day haha... I got to see my 3-yr-old nephew happily open up his gifts with the excitement I remember having as a child too. Overall it's been a very NICE DAY for me... how was it for everyone else? What did you guys do this holiday? Anything special or was it just a day? Cheers.

The holidays were a huge struggle for me. I spent both Thanksgiving and Christmas alone (and i don't mean without a date alone, i mean completely alone - no kids, no friends, no family, no tree, no cards, no gifts, no turkey- nothing). I stayed in bed both days and cried until i couldn't cry anymore.

If you haven't experienced being alone during the holidays the pain is indescribable.

Oh well, guess there is always New Year's Eve to look forward to. Ha, ha, ha.

Alone....I feel ya...so sorry for the solo/sad time! My wife and I going thru a 6 mos In-Home Seperation, AND this was the first year that our daughter wasn't here on Christmas Day....I'm struggling with Co-Dependency as well...so yeah....this holiday season is def not in my "Top Ten" .

Do please pick yourself up by the bootstraps, force youself to go outside, take a nice walk...talk yourself into reaching-out for making plans for NYE....Personal Challenge!

Best Wishes your way...feel free to send me a Personal Messg if you'd like to...we are all here to lend support - CD

This holiday season has been the worst of my life. However, I experienced an act of kindness on Christmas Eve that helped a bit. I was at the checkout at a grocery store when I discovered my debit card was missing. I told the clerk I'd have to put my purchases back, when she said, "It's all taken care of. Merry Christmas." She took her own money to pay for my purchases. It wasn't a lot of stuff or cost a lot, but I was touched by her kindness.

The holidays were a huge struggle for me. I spent both Thanksgiving and Christmas alone (and i don't mean without a date alone, i mean completely alone - no kids, no friends, no family, no tree, no cards, no gifts, no turkey- nothing). I stayed in bed both days and cried until i couldn't cry anymore.

If you haven't experienced being alone during the holidays the pain is indescribable.

Hey there aloneandunhappy, I'm sorry you were having such a horrible time for the holidays. I don't know what your current situation is or anything, but no one should ever feel THAT alone. I'm guessing you probably felt even more alone because it was a holiday? Though really, each day is just the same as the other... it's what we all make of it ourselves. In my case I am lucky to have people that want to be with me on the holidays, despite my oddities. =P My main focus for thanksgiving and christmas alike, is the idea of family and togetherness. My biggest fear has always been loneliness, and it is a constant struggle, so I feel for you and what you went through this holiday. I am so sorry you felt as if there was no where for you to go, no one to come see you, and no one for you to go see... Maybe this next year you can work on making some friends, change up some habits, etc... I have lost and been missing some dear friends to me this year, which zapped a lot of my "holiday spirit" away, but I was just lucky enough to have people to pull along this steep rocky climb. And so in spirit I'm reaching out a hand to you as well... Feel free to message me on here any time. And if ever again you feel so lonely you could just curl up in bed and cry- DON'T... instead, maybe take that time you have to yourself and use it to learn a new hobby, or seek out inspiration...create something beautiful or work on a project that could help others... etc... I hope New Years is better for you. I don't think I'll be doing much to celebrate but I AM going to make a list of new year resolutions for 2014. I think a lot of my focus is going to have to be on ME, because I've been so "lost" these last few months I don't know what I'm doing or what I want from life... so I gotta sit down and really think about the person I want to be. Good luck to you and like I said message me anytime. - - riah - -

I spent them alone, too. I did get a couple cards that made me smile. I spent the time mostly in bed. Then move to the couch.. and back again! Just waiting for sundown, so that the next day would arrive. It is painful, but temporary. We'll see how NYE plays out. Take care, and PM me if you want.

Alone....I feel ya...so sorry for the solo/sad time! My wife and I going thru a 6 mos In-Home Seperation, AND this was the first year that our daughter wasn't here on Christmas Day....I'm struggling with Co-Dependency as well...so yeah....this holiday season is def not in my "Top Ten" .

Do please pick yourself up by the bootstraps, force youself to go outside, take a nice walk...talk yourself into reaching-out for making plans for NYE....Personal Challenge!

Best Wishes your way...feel free to send me a Personal Messg if you'd like to...we are all here to lend support - CD

I had a similar separation, but no children. It's very tough. Good luck and Happy New Year.

I had a similar separation, but no children. It's very tough. Good luck and Happy New Year.

Thanks Tire D ....Backatcha!