Sign in to follow this  
AmberV

Cymbalta & Side Effects - Constipation, Lack Of Motivation

Hi all

I have been on 30mg Cymbalta for 28 days for an eating disorder and anxiety.

The cymbalta has helped my eating disorder issue tremendously. However I am very constipated. My GP didn't think this was an issue and told me to take laxatives regularly. I don't really want to be taking laxatives all the time as don't want to end up relying on them. I already eat heaps of fibre, and the dr agreed that increasing it woudnt help the constipation as it wasnt lack of fibre causing it, but the medication.

Another side effect I am having is that I seem to have lost my "get up and go". I will lie in my bed for ages in the morning, finding it hard to get out. Also sometimes I will just lie on the couch in a daze and feel like I dont have any motivation to move. I didn't have this problem before I started taking the cymbalta.

Have other users experienced these problems, wondering if they will eventually go away or they are side effect that will generally stick around.

Thaks

I too have lost my "get up and go" while being on Cymbalta. Like you, I lay in bed for hours and hours and lack any type of motivation to do anything -

I've also lost all of my interests in things. Things I used to enjoy. No more. I feel horrible.

Edited by DenmanNJ

I don't know about Cymbalta. I've been on it for about 7 days now. First few days I felt great, lots of energy and focus, lower anxiety. Now I feel horrible low energy, constipation, anxiety through the roof, from personal experience these antidepressants usually have swings in either direction. Hopefully it balances out soon.

I don't think you are going to see any real effects from Cymbalta for at least 4 to 6 weeks.  You should ask your doctor what to expect.  Good Luck!

It gave me more motivation, it was almost euphoric. However, it did **** my appetite and made my breath smell weird but those went away after a few days or I just became accustomed to them. I did experience a crash, I was put on depakote to prevent that but it crapped out on me.