Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

" I dislike travelling because of my back pain when sitting in those plane seats." - Duck

I love to travel, and don't mind flying, though sitting in those seats for endless hours can be torture.

Haven't done it in a few years, but there for a while I was formally registering my disdain for airplane seats by jumping out of planes. (Recovering alcoholic & addict. Yeah, I know... anything to change how I feel. LOL.)

Got up and came into the office though I didn't feel like it. (What the hell else is new?)

Went to my new pdoc's office today, and got back on my meds for the first time in 5 mos. Involuntarily off them for that long. Words cannot describe the feelings of blessed relief...

I've had an exhausting 2 days getting ready for, then finally flying out for, my vacation. I'm in Memphis now. All went about as well as could be expected!!! Now I just hope I can relax a little.

--yesterday, I went to lunch with people I only knew from online. Scary, but good.

--Today, went to exercise class and worked hard, then...

--went grocery shopping. We needed lots of stuff.

--then picked my son up from work.

--then fought sleepiness and gave in, napped a bit on the couch.

--now I'm here!

I survived my 5 day vacation in Memphis! Things went wrong, but I dealt with it nicely and didn't let those things cause me excess anxiety. Just tried to relax. I didn't put any pressure on myself to do anything special. I sat outside a few times and considered that a big accomplishment. But I'm glad to be home now.

Went out for milk and donuts. Milk, I needed. Donuts, not so much. lol

Also dragged the trash to the road for tomorrow's pickup.

Fought with my mother but did not let it get totally ugly. There is no hope for our relationship!!!

Took my son to work. Came back home and waited for a phone call that never came (texted & found out the caller was traveling and in the middle of a bunch of stuff).

Then I donated blood.

Came home, drank water, ate a bit and then picked my son up from work. We drove by one of his favorite places to see the fountains had been turned back on for the season.

When we got home, I was exhausted, so I took a nap. Woke up 2 hours later and here I am.

• Got up and came into work

Continued some recovery-related writing

Responded to a few friends

Filed my tax return

Paid rent, phone & utilities

Continued to work on a budget

Pretty productive at work