Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Forced myself to go grocery shopping at two different stores

Bought Subway for supper

Visit my friend at Starbucks

Visit my good co-workers at work for an hour. Haven't seen them for four months.

Buy gas for my car.

Have a hel! of a cold today, but made it into to work on time anyway. Feel like complete garbage physically, but I suppose it could be worse. As a result, my attitude isn't the greatest today.

Did a bunch of research & made a ton on progress on the shopping-for-medical-insurance issue.

Made contact with about six or seven AA friends. Gotta always work at not isolating, and also trying to be involved in other peoples' lives in a positive, productive & unselfish manner.

Did some journaling / writing. Just seems to be something that I need as an outlet, and a way of processing or working through a lot of my thoughts, nearly every day, though typically not on weekends.

Went to two consecutive AA meetings last night because I was really in a not-so-good place when I left work, for a number of reasons. It was just critical that I not sit at home & isolate. That would have just made things worse. Saw some good friends, and it certainly helped, as it pretty much always does.

Came onto this site again today to check in and post a few things.

Committed to going to a meeting or two tonight with a good friend of mine.

I've posted to this thread for the last three days consecutively, and it occurs to me that I've pretty much said a lot of the same damned thing each day. My days / routine must really not be too exciting or interesting. All I know to say is that I'm focusing on getting my act truly together in all areas, and I'm doing everything I know in order to accomplish that. I suppose that DOES end up meaning that I will end up doing a lot of the same things each and every day.

I'm hoping that better thoughts -> better behaviors -> better results / consequences.

Adam

Had a very hectic 2 days. Water heater blew and flooded my basement. My depression turned this into what I considered a disaster but what others would consider an average hassle. I'm on the way to recovering from the anxiety of it all, but I will have to throw out tons of stuff and that's hard for me, both physically and mentally. I will get through it. Just making the calls I had to make was a very big accomplishment for me. I'd rather live in a flood than make a phone call.

Made my first therapist appointment for next Wednesday at 2pm. I'm praying I don't have a panic attack prior to going.

Good luck with your appointment! I understand the anxiety. I know if I ever get myself back into therapy, I will probably panic before I start to feel better. I think it's normal to be a little scared before taking a big step.

Today I feel like I didn't do much of anything:

1. TRIED to work out deferment on a student loan but it looks like I'll need further documentation for that. I was discouraged, because this was the first item on my "to-do" list. Ultimately, I tried, instead of staring at a piece of paper and procrastinating, which is something.

2. Drank coffee and stared out the window. Plows, where are you? I'd like to leave tomorrow! (The snow situation was pretty bad, a driving ban and most schools are cancelled for the week).

3. Took steps in forming the local Depression/Anxiety support group by putting it on Yahoo groups. I'm not sure how many people I'll reach that way, but it's better than nothing. Tomorrow I'll design a flyer to put up/pass out.

4. Posted on DF.

5. Created a chart and began keeping a log of all of my spending. (What for, how much, on what dates).

I went to work today and had a productive day.

Also went to see my family doctor about the bump on my head. I hit my head last Saturday and it's still hurting and causing other symptoms, so I was concerned. I do have a mild concussion, but nothing to worry about unless the symptoms worsen.

Still working on the vanities and bikes. I'm actually finishing both projects, at least one

vanity but I'll eventually finish all nine. Keeps me busy and motivated but cuts into my ttraining time for the upcoming Tour. Ou well.

Hit two AA meetings last night. Necessary because of how stressed, busy & overwhelmed I have been, and continue to be, in many areas of my life right now. Did me a world of good, as it always does.

A bad cold is kicking my a$$ right now, but I'm here at work anyway, and managed to get here on time, which doesn't sound like a big deal, but for me, in reality, given my history over the years, is truly a big deal.

Wasn't terribly productive at work, but there hasn't been a hel! of a lot to do, so I'm pretty much at peace with that.

Made some more progress on the medical insurance choice front.

Have been reaching out to friends, family & AA/recovery friends. Critical that I stay plugged in and not isolate.

Anyway, sucky attitude today at times just because of how I'm feeling physically. Wanted to read & post more on here today, and contribute again to my blog on here, but haven't. Some days are better than others I suppose.

--I brought my car into a local repair place that insurance okayed.

Got driven to the car rental place and rented a car - which is stressful because it's something new to get used to. Drove rental car on busy highway (not interstate).

--Sent my son to walk to a nearby bowling alley for the celebration at the end of his employment group.

Then tried to get gas but couldn't figure out how to open the fuel tank door (yah gotta push it in a bit!)

Then picked up son, chilled for 5 minutes--he wanted to buy a pair of shoes, so we drove to the shoe store.

Then groceries at Trader Joe's which is often hectic, but it was early enough in the day.

Came home where I've been bidding on a handbag on eBay. It's exactly what kind I have now, except mine (10 years old) is falling apart. I was going to try to find something like it, but here it was. I hope I win it.

--now having afternoon coffee and chilling...

Went to work at 5am (now at my new store, three blocks from my apartment, so nice..being able to walk home for lunch/supper is the bomb)

After work, attended an IEP meeting for my 1st grader (he is on the autism spectrum, mild, thankfully..) His new school is starting to pi** his mother and me off. We are looking at our options. He did have a very good ABA session here at home this afternoon.

Tomorrow my son has no school so he gets to have an unscheduled sleepover at Dad's! Makes up for the crappy meeting, at least..

Edited by LonelyHiker

Day 3 of my cellar flood. I did very little, but for me, it's a lot. I think I did 4 loads of fabric that got wet. Trying to save it all. I might have 100 loads to do, no joke. I also pulled 2 artificial trees out of the water and hope they will try okay. I hope to work on this every day, even if just for a few minutes at a time, until it's all cleaned. It will take me a long time.

Day 3 of my cellar flood. I did very little, but for me, it's a lot. I think I did 4 loads of fabric that got wet. Trying to save it all. I might have 100 loads to do, no joke. I also pulled 2 artificial trees out of the water and hope they will try okay. I hope to work on this every day, even if just for a few minutes at a time, until it's all cleaned. It will take me a long time.

I liked this because you shared, not because I like the fact that you have to clean up your cellar. Can you get help with some of that? I hope so!

Went to work and did a full 8 hour shift. I felt horrible all day long. My symptoms from the concussion are getting worse. I called my doctor's office and they said for me to go to the E.R. I haven't gone yet, cause I was at work and then had a commitment after work, but we'll see how I feel in the morning.

Went to work and did a full 8 hour shift. I felt horrible all day long. My symptoms from the concussion are getting worse. I called my doctor's office and they said for me to go to the E.R. I haven't gone yet, cause I was at work and then had a commitment after work, but we'll see how I feel in the morning.

Don't worry us, go to the E.R.

I get really upset about head injuries.

I went to work and came home and ate a relatively healthy meal.

I actually DID see my pupil two days ago. Brought him some comics (I know this should go in the accomplishments section, but why not here). Yesterday he had a surgery and today I have to call his mom to see how he's doing. I hate calls.

- forced my self to go have coffee with one of my buddy

- worked out a bit and walked eight blocks

- check my friend's house who is on vacation

- watched cricket. England vs India. England won YAAA!!!!

Went to advance auto parts and replaced a burnt out headlight

Picked up a few groceries and remained surprisingly serene amidst the Superbowl party rush

Bought a new shower curtain, as my cat has clawed the crap out of my old one over the last 18 months :/

Woke up later than I expected, but didn't have a headache. I wrote Morning Pages (which is a sort of freewriting exercise. Write 3 pages longhand first thing in the morning...Julia Cameron suggests it in "The Artist's Way). Today accomplishing the 3 pages felt like I'd climbed a mountain.

Made breakfast. Everyone ate.

Went out to pick up some meds.

Then took a nap.

Then took my son to our usual trip to the old neighborhood. Passed the place where we were hit this past Sunday.

Have done a lot of not much today. I like it, I think.