Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

Today I went to the mall and bought my nephew birthday present.Then went to the pharmacy to pick up one of meds.Then we picked up my nieces and nephew and we all had lunch together.Now we are watching a movie.

Actually, today (last night) I passed my first alcohol breath test.

I was at a birthday party and I drank one and a half beverage in the course of maybe 4 hours. It's not a lot, but I'm a small person so I did get tipsy. OF COURSE, as soon as I got into the car, the police tailed me and turned on the rotating light. I pulled over and I exhaled 00.00 after having shaken like a leaf from fear! But I managed to remain normal and I'm soooo proud.

Well, I got up and came to work. That's extraordinarily important for me. It's critical. And it can also be very challenging, so it feels very good when I make it happen.

I have also reached out to a few friends and loved ones. It's very important for me to stay "plugged in" and be present in peoples' lives. I have to live like an adult and realize that I do not live in a vacuum. Relationships have to be nurtured and I have to resist the temptation to isolate and think that it won't matter or have any effect on anything. Nothing could be further from the truth. Isolation has profound consequences on my life. And I don't want that anymore.

Also, I reached out to a guy I'm sponsoring in AA, and who is becoming a good friend. I apologized for not meeting him last night, (taking responsibility), and also agreed to meet him at a meeting tonight. Many good things about this. 1) I'm checking in with him. 2) I'm taking responsibility. 3) I'm making a commitment to be involved in someone else's life in a positive & productive way. 4) I'm remaining an active participant in my own recovery.

Not a bad day so far.

Adam

- Got up and ready nice and early.

- Went to the grocery store to stock up on necessities, tea, and chocolates for the blizzard :cold:

- Put lunch in the oven.

- Did a load of laundry.

- I was going to sort through clothes/bag up more to donate, but I had a really terrible panic episode that made me physically ill. So tired from it, I might have to sleep for a few hours.

Well, I went to a great AA meeting last night, which I had committed to go to, and at which I met my new sponsee. Did me a world of good, as it always does, even if I don't feel like going.

Managed to get up earlier today than yesterday. Got to work on time again, which for me is really a huge issue. Very important and I have a long history of serious difficulty in this area.

I did some serious work on starting some goal-setting and goal management. My life needs more order & more direction. I'm willing to put forth the effort to get all of my sh!t together, but I realize that I'm going to have to work to define some meaningful goals, and have to work to manage them, and turn them into reasonable, attainable daily tasks & to-do's.

As always, I'm terrified of doing well today, and doing terribly tomorrow. I really hate that nagging fear. But in the end, all I can do is all I can do today.

Doing what I can here at work, and also committed to go to another meeting tonight, which is always good.

Edited by adamrparr

Gradually recovered my balance after a night of panic attacks and night terrors and nightmares.

Holy smokes, man. Glad to hear that today's a little better than last night. Keep on going.

New Mexico, huh? Went to Roswell this past July 4th for the first time, and had a fantastic time! Heading back this July 4th too, if at all possible.

Due to storm travel/driving bans, not much outside of the house.

- Gave my dog a much needed bath right after I finished my coffee this morning. (UGH - not fun. She doesn't like water like some dogs do, and buried her face into my sweater while I washed her. She starts giving sad eyes the second I turn on the tub. I feel so bad doing it but she had a little bathroom "situation" with her long fur and a bath was needed.)

- Sorted through my clothes. Filled up a trash bag to donate, and started organizing what I'm keeping.

- Watched a Lifetime movie with my mother.

- Did a couple loads of laundry, put laundry away.

- Cleaned a little bit.