Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

Today, I finished a cross stitch for a friend who is expecting. I'm really happy with how it turned out! I plan on looking for a frame later this week. I've been very anxious/depressed the past few weeks, so it has been really hard finding anything good about a day. Still, I am pleased with what I have done today. :)

Hi-

I feel like an underachiever here. I dropped off my kids at 8am and returned to bed until it was time to pick them up at 3pm, but I did shower! I folded some laundry and helped with homework. God help me

Hi-

I feel like an underachiever here. I dropped off my kids at 8am and returned to bed until it was time to pick them up at 3pm, but I did shower! I folded some laundry and helped with homework. God help me

No you arent. To do all you did was great!!! You did the most important things that needed doing and you took care of yourself too. I applaud you!!! Go easy on yourself.

Hi-

I'm quite sure we all feel like underachievers at times... for me, all the time. Even if I do something fabulous I think I should have could have done more. One other thing you did was come post here. That's a great acheivment. I fail at that task so often even though I always want to. Sometimes it's just too much for me. And I'm the one who started this thread! lol

Today I made a bank deposit. I also ate way too much, as usual. I need to change that. I also called in my meds and hope to pick them up tomorrow. And I picked some stuff up around the house. I have company coming for 10 days so I have to whip this place into shape. It's my son and granddaughter, so I can be relaxed with them, but just the same, I would like them to not have to walk around piles of stuff.

I worked. Had lunch with my buddy Tim then later coffee with my other buddy Joe. Introduced myself

to a lady at a medical clinic I work with. A Golden Retriever came up to me and wanted to play so I played with her for a few minutes. I felt bad for one hour but over all I had a good day.

Thank God.

I went to walmart to pick up my meds. I'm trying to leave the house once a day mon-fri if at all possible. I also vacuumed a bit, a very little bit. I hate doing it, hate the sound even. I told myself I could do just a very small area and I did. Might take me a week to do the room but I think I'll get it done if I do just tiny spots at a time.

Did some maintenance around the house, the usual daily chores. I am still in my pajamas and havent brushed my teeth and it is almost supper time. My husband is away for a few days so I am doing things as I feel like.

Take any victory no matter how small. :-) Congrats on the chores!

I went to walmart to pick up my meds. I'm trying to leave the house once a day mon-fri if at all possible. I also vacuumed a bit, a very little bit. I hate doing it, hate the sound even. I told myself I could do just a very small area and I did. Might take me a week to do the room but I think I'll get it done if I do just tiny spots at a time.

They say that the way to avoid becoming overwhelmed by the size of a project is to break it up into smaller chunks/steps. Good job!

Got up early at 6:12 AM to write. Why 6:12? because I'm OCD about the number 9 and the digits there = 9.

And it was earlier than 6:30 which is probably when my DH's alarm goes off.

Got to work early-ish.

Went to a meeting with a mentor, at a coffee house. Good meeting. Good coffee too.

Made espresso at home.

Made chili for dinner.

I'm always comparing myself to my DH who works from home--and does NOT piddle around. Then in his spare time, he's learning a language and how to play an instrument.

In my spare time, I'm here or on FB or in other online places.

I went to the doctor, toom the dog for a walk and to the offleash, went for a swim and hottub , made soup and sandwiches and stayed in visiting with a friend from out of town, settled salary negotiations with my new job (hooray!).....I had a good day today, it's so refreshing !

I went to the doctor and asked for Cipralex (escitalopram). I am thinking I need to change from Fluoxetine(Prozac).

He said to take 5mg for the first week the increase to 10mg for two months.

At work my boss asked me for some advice which I gave him but later on I found out he had already decided prior to asking me. He wants to add more work to my route.

p.s. I am a driver/courier for a medical lab.

Edited by duck

So far, I have:

gotten out of bed

walked my 2 dogs

had a cup of coffee and a pumpkin muffin

arrived at work

sent an email stating my plans to take a vacation day tomorrow

I actually feel really accomplished because I am sitting behind this computer and I made it to work.

Every step leads to another.