Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

Confirmed my store transfer and that I am in fact getting a raise (not sure how much yet, but it will be more than the standard yearly COL increase). Jan 19 is my first day at the new location - looking forward to being able to walk to work, come home for lunch, etc!

Also got a much-needed haircut...

Edited by LonelyHiker

Confirmed my store transfer and that I am in fact getting a raise (not sure how much yet, but it will be more than the standard yearly COL increase). Jan 19 is my first day at the new location - looking forward to being able to walk to work, come home for lunch, etc!

It's so good to work close to home. I only have a 7 mile drive after driving 30 miles for years. But walking to work?! AWESOME!!!

It's so good to work close to home. I only have a 7 mile drive after driving 30 miles for years. But walking to work?! AWESOME!!!
Thanks, flasquish..yeah, I'm really happy about it...more exercise, a much smaller monthly gasoline budget, less wear and tear on the car, coming home on my lunch/dinner break.. And it is a much nicer store, with a manager who isn't a nitwit, lol..

ETA: more money doesn't suck either!

Edited by LonelyHiker

Thanks, flasquish..yeah, I'm really happy about it...more exercise, a much smaller monthly gasoline budget, less wear and tear on the car, coming home on my lunch/dinner break.. And it is a much nicer store, with a manager who isn't a nitwit, lol..

A VERY good start to your New Year!

I managed to wash the clothes and take a shower. Tomorrow, I will go shopping and go to the library. I might even manage to sweep the floors today or tomorrow! I don't really like going out until I get there, but once in the car, it's fine... When I get where I'm going, I see all the other people who are worse off than me (I live in a retirement town, basically), and I feel a lot better about myself. It helps -- but just getting the energy to get up and go is often hard. (It's so easy to say "Aw hell with it, I'll do it tomorrow.")

I managed to exercise for the second day this week :)

Shoveled snow

Picked up groceries

Showered

Changed sheets on my bed

Cooked dinner for tonight and prepared a casserole and a crock pan meal for the next two days, and I'm super thrilled with myself for planning that out. I don't usually plan meals in advance and then I scramble to throw something together after getting home from work.

I went to my therapy appointment and then to the library to prepare for an interview I have tomorrow. AND I made the decision to quit smoking!!!! Wish me luck! I smoke when I am nervous, and I know I will be nervous tomorrow for my interview. But I am resolved to kick this nasty habit. Plus, I have a terrible chest cold.

I FINISHED KNITTING MY GAWDDAY'UM SOCKS. ^______^ It only took 4 months (instead of 2-3 weeks like normal). They turned out super purty. The yarn is a myriad of blues, because the yarn is hand-dyed merino/llama wool. And it has mini-cables in it. I hope my grammie likes her new socks.

Edited by lostinwords

I was feeling very ill today but I managed to do the following:

- drive my sister to the doctor

- buy groceries

- pick up my medication and the pharmacist offered to check my blood pressure so I let him do it

Late in the evening I went out and had coffee with my friends and chatted with them for two hours.