Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

I just did a little workout! I walked quite a bit yesterday and today outside, but I just found out how out of shape I've let myself get. I was used to walking every day, but I moved so lost my walking buddy, winter came, I've gained weight and really let myself go.

So I just did a little workout. It's a start and I have got to lose this weight and get back into walking every day. I would kind of like to join a gym but money is an issue right now so that's probably not going to happen. I can do it at

home though.

My doc says Walking outside in fresh air helps depression.

Brought a little bug in out of the cold and gave him some water to drink and a little corn meal to eat. Little critter was so thirsty that he [she?] was drinking drops of water on my fingertip. I made a little habitat for him to over-winter in.

Went through some mail and I should know better than to do that at night. Got a bill I was not expecting and can't make any calls until tomorrow. And I'll probably never make the call and will end up just paying it because I hate making calls.

Me too, I hate making calls. And I was an Executive Secretary for many years!!! So whats up with that? I will do anything, spend all kinds of time on the internet trying to find out information, research files, etc. when a simple call will tell me in a few minutes.

Brought a little bug in out of the cold and gave him some water to drink and a little corn meal to eat. Little critter was so thirsty that he [she?] was drinking drops of water on my fingertip. I made a little habitat for him to over-winter in.

That is so sweet of you!!! Just today, I was wiping something up on the floor and wiped at a tiny tan colored spider. I felt so bad, thought I broke his leg so Ive been watching him. I was going to put him outside but he might be the kind that needs to be around dust and crumbs so I walked around him until he was safe and sound under my table. Maybe he will find a crack in the wall to go into. So glad he is able to move about!

Did laundry, including bed linens. I have to go to the laundromat, (live in a small 2 br apt) so this is a big deal...always hated doing laundry, even when I lived in my house and had a washer and dryer. Depression has been bad lately so getting out of the apt to do this felt like a huge accomplishment..

I slept well and woke up kind of early because of my cat, and the dreams I was having.

I took a lot of me-time: spoke to my ADD coach, then went to my writing group, even though I had nothing new. Then I bought underwear for me and gloves for my son.

After dinner, just letting my mind relax.

Ive been in the same lounging clothes for two days, havent brushed my teeth, havent taken a shower and Im not even depressed!! But, I did write out Christmas cards and wrapped my hubbie's gifts. Sometimes I just have to do the most important things first or I get too distracted with minor things like changing my clothes, brushing my teeth and showering, lol!!

Wow...I did a lot today:

Cat woke me up.

--Did this writing exercise I do called Morning Pages.

--Made breakfast for the family, eggs, bacon and biscuits from scratch (wow...I surprise myself recalling that)

--Took my son to do some Christmas shopping in two different and very busy shopping places. Did not lose my temper driving and trying to find a parking spot.

--Then I had a nap and a very late lunch

--Soon we'll all go to the movies!

This is the final full day of my vacation and it was the first day I really started to feel stressed. Going home tomorrow night, and it's probably good timing. Very happy I made this trip. I was able to survive not working on my blogs daily. I hope I can continue to take time off.

Nada. I was supposed to join some old friends for Christmas dinner but I did not. They begged me to go but I just did not feel like going mainly because I did not know what I was going to talk about. They all know I am suffering from depression and they said it would be good for me but I refused. I prefer to be alone by myself at home.

Did some more of my income tax. It is a long process for me. I have many calculations to make. I like to start early so I can double check. This will continue until April.

Slept most of the day.

Made it back to Maine from my Memphis vacation. All in all, the trip went much better than I could hope for. I was exhausted the whole time, but I managed to get through it with only one mental breakdown. Now I'm home and I feel safe again.