Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Yesterday I managed to do a good deal of cleaning. I got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed my kitchen floor. It is still not completely clean, but I got the melted ice off the floor by the doorway. Today I did a little more cleaning. Picked up a couple things, swept the kitty liter off the floor by his box, and took out the trash. I also kept up on the dishes by washing the ones I used right away. I had an inspection today and the guy said things were looking good. Which is a relief because I was in trouble over my apartments condition.

Im in that kind of depression were having a successful day or not doesnt really matter, im still gonna feel hollow, disconnected and depressed, im gonna feel hard to do anhthing as i come home due to this brain fog..

Btw: reading, taking in stuff, thinking and writing is extreamly difficult under this brainfog

I did something I've only managed to do a few times in my life. I took a nap. Woke up with such a bad headache but it went away then I was able to go to the bank to take care of some paperwork. Then picked up milk and went to the library. My to do list is still a mile long but I'm glad I was able to cross a few things off. Sometimes when I do something that was not on the list, I write it down then cross it off just so I can get the satisfaction of crossing something off. lol

Driving stresses me but being a passenger is unbearable. I'm not in control at all as a passenger and I make the driver miserable. So, I have to drive.

I'm so relieved to read this. I haven't been a passenger without either having a panic attack or being drugged so I wouldn't have a panic attack in the last 2 years. It's one of those things that makes me feel like I must be crazy.

I managed to take out the trash and I swept part of the floor. I didn't have the motivation to move any stuff out of the way and the place is cluttered, so I only swept about half of the floor. Oh well, better than not cleaning the floor ever. And I washed my hair, which is a big achievement. I do it maximum once a week. But all that took me forever. And I couldn't check anything off my to-do list. Then I felt so inadequate the rest of the day, so inefficient because I didn't get any real work done, and so depressed. I wish I could stop obsessing about what I accomplish in a day and stop setting totally unrealistic goals. Why do I have to base my self-worth solely on the things I get done? I wish I could feel proud of the things that I actually did accomplish, but instead, I always feel disappointed in myself. Today, at least I did take a shower and I did brush my teeth!

Yesterday I tired to run many errands, unsuccessfully, in a kind of frenzied state. I tried to get some work done and ended up feeling very tense. Today I'm lying in bed all day not even able to eat meals or brush teeth, totally zoing out reading a novel. Is this really the depression or am I just a failure, unable to manage my life?

At least I did take a shower this morning!

Today I cleaned my room. Sort of. I've neglected it so long that it will take several of my upcoming good days to really finish it to most peoples' standard of clean. Today I went through the piles of clothes and other miscellaneous stuff on the floor. Maybe tomorrow I can get myself motivated to clean off my dresser.

I had a doctor appt scheduled for early this afternoon so I got up early this morning and took a shower. It was snowing heavily, with 4-8 inches forecast for today.

The secretary called about 4 hours before my appointment to say they were going to be closing early due to the snow, and wanted to know if I could come in right now. The clinic I see him at is closing and this was going to be my last time seeing him, so I had to make my appointment to get my scripts refilled and find out about my options for finding another doctor.

I told her it would take me 30-45 minutes to get my car cleaned off and make it out there and she said that would work. I had to clean about 5 inches of snow, topped with ice, off the car from the last time it snowed and made it out on time.

After I got done I dropped my script off at the pharmacy, went shopping for a few groceries, and made it back without sliding off in the ditch or getting hit.

Today I accomplished three tasks. I had to clean snow off my car. Had to drop off my mother's dentures to the denturist which meant talking to him and making chit chat with the receptionist. I survived. Then I had to hit walmart. I survived that too. I'm mentally exhausted.

Really sick of this snow. :snowman1: Yeah, I know, come July I'll be complaining about the heat...never satisfied. Oh well!

My spirits have been lifted because I FINALLY got a job! Actually got that news yesterday. I may start Monday or the following week. I have the jitters already.

Today-after much procrastination-I cleaned my bathroom (including the disgusting muck from the shower drain, ewww!) and dug out the firewood for our stove from underneath the 6" deep blanket of snow. Feel tired, like I went to the gym but it's a good tired.

Now, I'm off to sit with my hubby & son to eat dinner & watch Dr. Phil.

Wishing everyone a pleasant evening and a better day for us all tomorrow!

Cleaned about 6" of snow of my car and dug it out so I could pick up the script I had dropped off at the pharmacy. Then I went to Walmrt and got a pair of jeans, a T-shirt, 4 bandanas, a couple packs of sharp cheddar cheese slices, some pizza rolls, and a pound of coffee.

On the way home somebody in a truck stopped at the stop sign on a hill and sat there longer than they had to, and it was too slick for my tires to get traction and I couldn't move forward. Luckily, the car behind me saw what was going on and backed up enough that I could cut my wheels and go backwards down the hill in the other lane till I could get turned around and go the other way.

I paid my rent today too, so that's out of the way. Tonight I have to make out checks to mail off for the remainer of my monthly bills. Then I can relax and zone out to the TV the rest of the evening.

I went out today with plans to run into 3 different stores. I managed to hit 2 of them. Then I worked on my blog around the clock as normal. That blog is all I ever want to work on. Nothing else gets done. I must work on getting away from the computer a bit. I hope tomorrow I can do something different.

I, soon, will accomplish going to work today.

..as soon as I get off this couch..

Lol, I'm going to be late on purpose..

But I..don't care today. I kinda had a bad day yesterday so I'm just relaxing before working.. :coffeebreak: Radio, tea, donuts and all. These donuts are ******* delicious. Cherry filling with cream cheese icing and a BACON DONUT YES!!!!

Edit: Wow, I tried to be late and so was everyone else lmao. Its not even bad weather out here yet!! Suppose to snow again though.

Edited by Phantastic Mirage