Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

Today I had to go to the store, and that's a very big task for me for so many reasons. One, I hate to leave the house. Two, I hate myself. Three, I'm obese and it's a huge struggle for me to move around. Four, I suffer from severe anxiety. Five... and so on.

When I have to go to the store, I make myself sick over it for days. Today, I told myself that if I made it to the store, I would come and post my success here and maybe someone would understand just how big a deal it was that I got that task done. And even though I don't know anyone here, I was anxious to be able to tell someone, anyone, that I accomplished my task.

I went to the store today! Not just one store, but two stores. I'm exhausted and stressed to the max, but I did it.

If you did anything today, anything at all... please post here. Or if you do something tomorrow, please come back and report it. I don't care how small the task is, because I think when suffering from depression, there are no small tasks. I have days where if I take in the mail, it's considered a good day. Seriously.

So, did you do anything at all today? Anything?

CONGRATULATIONS! If it is this hard for you to go to the store, then this is quite an accomplishment. I applaud your accomplishment. If you haven't read any yet, I recommend you read up on cognitive therapy which will help you to deal with the fears you are having. Also, I recommend you figure out a small reward for yourself whenever you go to the store. I used to promise myself a magazine when i went to the store and it started making me look forward to it. I am proud of you. Today I went to the cell phone store and got coverage for my phone, which was difficult for me. If you want to say you are proud of me, I won't mind at all. :)

Have a fantastic day!

Steve :)

yes. :D

#after almost exactly one year of suffering in severe pain,acute pins & needles,leg stumbling and fecal incontinence,as of today am now diagnosed with sciatica and have started extra treatment.

#went to trafford centre.

#watched films.

#went to mums

#had a bath to help with pain and mood.

I applied for a new job for the first time in years. Actually I applied to a bunch of jobs. I suck at writing a resume, so I probably won't get one, but I did it, and that's what counts. Also, I finally after 3 years found a new Psychiatrist. I have been actively looking for about a year (on and off). So yeah, I feel like a bad-ass right now.

Saw my psychologist.

Picked up my meds at the pharmacy then the pharmacist interviewed me about the medications I am taking and made me sign a form. (strange)

Went to the mall and did some home work my therapist had asked me to do.

Still have a headache from the previous day.

Going to the mall in a few minutes to look for clothes for interviews. It's been so long since I've had to work or do interviews that I only have jeans and t-shirts... yes I got rid of all of my nice clothes because I had no idea when I would ever use them. Did the budget to make sure I can afford my new Psychiatrist and also get an interview outfit. I have a phone interview for Monday. Lets see how long I can keep this up.