Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

I've been having a hard time to feel good about any task I accomplish. I feel like it's just impossible to cope. I'm glad to have someone bring this thread back to life as it really does help me to post here.

I have 12 things on my Must Do list and I managed to knock off 2, both which required making a phone call. Phones are hard for me. Now I'm forcing myself to go out and hopefully I can accomplish 2 or 3 more things. One is just dropping mail in the box at the PO. That task should be painless.

Took my toddler to the ENT. Played the "job lotto": applied to 2 jobs online. I am sure it won't amount to anything. Been unemployed for 8+ months now. Pretty disheartening. But I guess I need to keep at it. About to go to p-doc, to see if my meds need adjusting.

I finally got the courage to call a therapist an set up an appointment

Only to find out she didn't accept my insurance :(

Oh my goodness, I can totally relate to this!!! I know exactly how you feel! We were without insurance for several months then when I finally got insurance it took me forever to call my therapist and set up an appointment. I finally called only to discover that my copay would be $50 with the new insurance, not my usual $20. I could not go back. I dwelled on making that call for so long only to be heartbroken.

I finally got the courage to call a therapist an set up an appointment

Only to find out she didn't accept my insurance :(

Oh my goodness, I can totally relate to this!!! I know exactly how you feel! We were without insurance for several months then when I finally got insurance it took me forever to call my therapist and set up an appointment. I finally called only to discover that my copay would be $50 with the new insurance, not my usual $20. I could not go back. I dwelled on making that call for so long only to be heartbroken.

Now I'm looking for people on the website psychology today. Ever heard of it?

I think I did. I let the dog out just so my mom wouldn't have to, I had fun watching one of my favorite shows, I got really depressed after it was over, and came here for support. I wrote a post about how I was feeling, and wrote two other posts helping others. I guess its something.

Today I managed to drag my butt upstairs and out of the dark main floor of the house. I usually spend most of my time on the 2nd floor because it's got the TV, the kitchen and the bathroom, so it's easy to putter around with everything at my convenience. Plus, now that it's winter, I wake up in the dark and fire up the heating unit on the 2nd floor to warm it up in here, so it makes me feel guilty about switching floors, only to have wasted all that electricity heating this room up and switch to another and waste more electricity heating that one up. I've been feeling especially down, though, and it was a sunny (if freezing) morning, so I felt it absolutely necessary to just bite the bullet and change floors.

The upstairs room is bright and airy when it's properly straightened up, and the winter sun shines straight in through the main southern window all day long. I guess it helps a little that by around noon it warms the room enough for the heater to take a little break from the relentless chugging away it has to do to keep the room from being a freezer. Less space to have to heat, too (but the unit is not as eco friendly as the one on the 2nd floor), which I hope helps,, too, but am not 100% sure.

Anyway, I brought the comp. and my knitting up there, dusted everything off, put my piles of clothes away to clear off the table, and set to work on my scarf while continuing to listen to Pet Sematary on audiobook. The cats came up with me, and were totally blissed out and peaceful by the warmth and the sunlight, which comforted me. I got brave enough to start playing a couple of CDs I bought while I was enduring my summer funk last year. They're two new-agey "ion enhancing" mood CDs. I've been more or less avoiding them, because sometimes these things, when they're good quality and have nice melodies to the songs, can make me feel weepy...which I don't want. This time I endured it, though. I spent that quiet time listening and letting whatever feelings that came over me just come, and pass through me. Lots of thinking about my uncle-in-law who just passed away. That was hard, but the relaxed and gentle company of my happy kitties, the general peaceful feeling in the room, and the sunlight helped me be ok with it.

So there was at least that, after a string of days here where I've managed to do precious little at all.

Hoping to try to make a habit out of this, for my own sanity. I know they say sunlight works wonders, but I go out for brisk walks in it all the time, and lately it hasn't really seemed to help. Still - it's better than just sitting in the dark, right? I hope so. I hope *something* will kick my butt back into gear.

Might try adding aromatherapy tomorrow.

I am very proud of you! I know the feeling of overbearing proudness and exhaustion from doing such a thing, and I understand how difficult it was and has been for you.

Hmm. Today I finished some of my psychology exam. I finished my Aspects of Morality paper and am halfway through Aggression (Behavioural psychology) and Attitudes of Prejudice, (Individual Differentiation.)

I suppose I'm sort of proud of that. :)

DSM and Lucerne, thank you both for your encouragement. I'm going to try to do the same thing today, though an errand is going to interrupt the flow a bit. We'll see if I can jump back in.

Lucerne, you sound busy!! Your papers sound like they're on fascinating subjects, too!

School papers and exams have never been easy, that I can remember, so it's definitely something to be proud of that you're making headway there! :) Keep at it!

Last week my Psychology class was 2:30 hours. :) I finished my 6th page which was how I was almost done with the Aspects of Morality part. I just added some bits to a couple pages and I was done, I still have a ton to do, but I think by the end of Winter I should be done with my first Psychology book. They are rather fascinating, and I really am loving it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I did half my laundry today and half of the dirty dishes so that was not half bad! I also started setting up my sewing room so I can get away from the computer a bit and sit at a sewing machine instead.

I've started reading some awfully written teen pulp fiction because well, it doesn't require any actual reading.

I'd given up reading much about 1-2 years ago because I guess it just got too difficult to process information.

However, this is OK just to skim. No details are missed because the writing is redundant.

The stories themselves are fine and entertaining enough... and they get turned into movies so that's something to look forward to.

Edited by scatter

Yeah, I discovered the potential origins of a sexually transmitted disease and learned how the taxonomy may have been preserved in language while the association between systemic diseases were lost through time. Wrote a quick tutorial for someone. Paid a bill. Spent a few hours on ebay placing bids for rare items, and yeah, I got some good sleep.

Edited by MrKappa

I decided to drastically lower my expectations of myself: today I managed to take a shower and brush my teeth!!! So I did it, I met my goals! Even if I slept for 12 hours and even if it took me half the day to accomplish the task. And I had no more energy to eat lunch.

Once I manage to take a shower and brush my teeth regularly, my next goal will be to do laundry. Then perhaps, clean my room. How I will ever hold a job again, I don't know. But taking a shower every day is a start.

Speaking about driving... this is also a very stressful thing for me. While driving, I get really stressed out and when I get stressed out, I tend to dissociate. But how can I drive safely while my surroundings become unreal and I zone out? Then I won't be a better driver than someone text messaging at the steering wheel. So, mostly, I avoid driving altogether and use public transportation, if I ever leave the house.

^thanks I haven't brushed my teeth yet today and think I will. Got bad for me a while there... I had neglected them, entirely by mistake for probably weeks, due to depression, for sure, and the gums bled a little when brushing. Now though, I think I'm raising my expectations, only a little.

Hoovered up, did my exercises. Managed a couple of minutes on the crosstrainer, 10 minutes on the bike, and 30ish minutes doing weight lifting via dumbells and the weight lifting machine.

My arms are aching, especially my left one, when I lift something up. My upper right thigh at the back is quite achy, as is my knees.

I accomplished my first day of split shifts for this week, I usually just work the mornings but I opted to do some overtime for every afternoon this week on top of my mornings. Long long days (6am - 11am, then 3pm-7pm), and exhausting but it feels good to have done something a little more productive with my day than what I usually do.

I actually only opted to do it just to take my mind off... my mind.

Edited by Doommantia