Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Cut most of the lawn until the rain interrupted

Change my sister's car oil

Repair my old fence again.( needs a new one)

Went to the local hardware store bought for some tools

Go to Starbucks to meet my friends.

Interesting thread - it helps me to cut myself some slack when I read about others struggles. Some days I find it hard to tolerate being awake - rather be asleep - more relaxed and an overall better 'life' than being awake. Those are hard days.

I honestly feel so much better since being on my new medication. I actually exercised today, did house work, showered and put lipstick on......it has been forever since I put any makeup on. It was only lipstick and was not my whole makeup routine but it is a huge plus. I love my new meds.

Flew out on Thursday to pick up my 5 year old granddaughter and flew back with her on Friday. Both legs of the trip were exhausting and stressful with delays and almost missed a connecting flight. Now I have her for 3 weeks so no matter if I feel horrible, I have to find the energy to live life to the fullest while she's visiting. Then I make the entire trip again to return her. It's sooooooo hard at times to find the strength but I love her so much that I must do it.

Read my psychology workbook

Meet my friends at Starbucks and the nice lady was working today. I did not see her for three weeks. I wanted to ask her name but I was too scared.

Walk for one hour and lift some weights

Package my laptop to mail in for repairs. There is no sound.

I am going on a trip/vacation for a few days. I may not be able to post.

I took my daughter to school- she was almost 20 minutes late but better late than never, right? I did an hours housework, had a shower, cooked a nutritious dinner and made sure my daughter got to her dance class after school. Also interacted/ played with my son throughout the day. Overall a pretty good day for me.

I have been keeping busy with my 5 year old granddaughter who is with me for 3 weeks. I'm trying to not feel guilty if we don't do incredible things together. I know she would love to go to the beach but not sure I can muster up the energy for that. But we do crafts and play games and I love her. I hope that's enough.

Well I just actually attempted to go to the gym, but despite the fact that I went at 10pm (to avoid the crowd) it was still crowded. So I left because I thought I would be uncomfortable.

I try not to think that the trip was a complete failure, and recognize the distortions my brain is committing.

So far I have identified a few tonight:

All or none thinking: By saying the experience was a complete failure not only I'm I oversimplifying the experience, but I'm also failing to notice the positives, which is the fact that I made an honest attempt to go.

Mind Reading: On my way back I could have sworn these two girls were laughing at me for some reason (I'm paranoid of these type of things). But I honestly can't know something like that, I'm merely projecting my own fears into the whole thing. This could also be an example of personalization in which I'm always assuming peoples actions are in response to me.

Catastrophic Thinking: I walked out of the gym because I felt that there were too many people. This in turn I thought would make me extremely uncomfortable and I felt like wouldn't be able to cope with the situation. All of this is probably a gross over exaggeration.

I think I'm going to to go back in a couple hours say... maybe 3am (24 hour gym)

Took my granddaughter to the beach yesterday. I waited until early evening so I didn't have to be around people. It went better than I thought. Tonight we are going to a circus. I'd rather just sit in a hole all weekend, but I will go out for her.

I showered, brushed my teeth and got dressed. After arguing with myself I went to the store for new coils for my e-cigg and what a nightmare that was. I hate talking to people since I stutter alot when put on the spot. Oh yeah i registered for this site so there's something else i did today.

I disposed of the dead plants in the house. I've been meaning to do this for ages. I had two...floor plants...in the bedroom, that were quite dead, and I really think they have been contributing to my depression. Out they went today! Oh, and I vacuumed. I don't think I've done that much in the last two weeks. LOL

I woke up and managed to make some breakfast for hubby and me. Afterward, we took a walk with our dogs and came back home. I was feeling a little tired, so I took a nap and then woke up in time to cook us some dinner. He said the food was so good he didn't think he would need to eat for days. :biglaugh:

My 5 year old granddaughter has been with me 1.5 weeks now and we have 1.5 weeks to go. I am exhausted beyond words. Mostly mentally. Physical exhaustion I can take. Mental exhaustion is much harder. There are times I resent her simply because I want total silence and want to just stare at a wall. But I love her so I will get through this. I just have to remember that all the yucky feelings I have really have nothing to do with her. It's my depression. She deserves so much better. I hope I'm not destroying her in some way.

Edited by dsm