Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

On 20/03/2018 at 9:34 PM, Royally1nsane said:

Honestly, I did nothing all day. I couldn't get out of bed today despite having to take an exam and I didn't do it. The only plus side is that I can take the optional final but I would need to do great on the other exams before that. I don't know how it happens. One minute I'm fine and the next day I'm just stuck in bed, contemplating whether or not I should even bother getting up. 

Hang in there, my dude! Student life can be really stressful. I'm trying to finish my Master's Degree and it's not easy at all but hopefully I'll graduate by autumn.

I got through work at a job I can't stand, and it wasn't that bad. I even enjoyed the last part of the day somewhat.

I put on more makeup than usual this morning. 

I kept up with emails and social media. That's a big one for me. 

Well, my Easter holidays are drawing to a close... I have today and five more days til work starts up again.

I spent the first week of my holidays working incredibly hard to get lots of overdue work/ tasks done that had started piling up.

The last 3 days I've managed to completely relax and just float and do whatever I feel like, get sleep, do stuff that interests me, have me-time.

I'm VERY glad I managed to do this. Because I'm not always able to get into a relaxed state. And given that I've been totally overworked of late and exhausted and feeling more burnt-out than I'd like, I knew I had to try and get some days off happening during my Easter break, to recharge my inner batteries, before work starts up again.

So I am very, very, very grateful that's worked out.

BUT... I need to get back to work now.

There's still a big pile of stuff that I need to do before work starts up again.

And I need to get motivated about it. I need to get my adrenaline levels back up, I need to start achieving stuff again.

I need to get out of my mellow, lazy relaxation bubble.

(I don't want to of course, haha... I want to keep floating and relaxing... waaaaah)

But I need to stop and I need to start achieving stuff again.

I'm going to make a to do list for the last 5 days of my break.

SIGH

SIGH

SIGH

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:15 AM, virvellian said:

Hang in there, my dude! Student life can be really stressful. I'm trying to finish my Master's Degree and it's not easy at all but hopefully I'll graduate by autumn.

Congrats! I hope you get your Masters. Honestly, I didn't even go to any of my classes today but I did have a graveyard shift so I was sleeping most of today. 

Last year, in May, I bought a notebook to write positive affirmations on to help me keep a positive mindset. I neglected it for over 6 month and finally I picked up where I left. 

19 minutes ago, Drawing Flies said:

Last year, in May, I bought a notebook to write positive affirmations on to help me keep a positive mindset. I neglected it for over 6 month and finally I picked up where I left. 

Has it been helping? :)

4 minutes ago, zenzang said:

Has it been helping? :)

Yes! It used to help, but then my depression and other issues worsened and I lost motivation in general. I wouldn't even read it. Yesterday I forced myself to open it, and now I'm writing again. It's like having "past you" motivating and pushing you forward. 

I use it as a positivity journal/creative outlet. I only write positive things and draw, etc. 

1 minute ago, Drawing Flies said:

Yes! It used to help, but then my depression and other issues worsened and I lost motivation in general. I wouldn't even read it. Yesterday I forced myself to open it, and now I'm writing again. It's like having "past you" motivating and pushing you forward. 

I use it as a positivity journal/creative outlet. I only write positive things and draw, etc. 

Awesome, glad you started back! I may start mine again. It's been years. i got tired of repeating the same depressive themes so I stopped writing unless I had something genuinely good to say. It did provide some relief to get my thoughts out of my mind.  I thought of taking up drawing as an expressive art form but for now it's one step at a time so I won't overwhelm myself. 

I went in to work even though I wasn't scheduled today.  Unfortuantely that seems to be happening more often lately due to severe labor shortages (as in entire shifts going unmanned for consecutive days - it's that bad)

Cleaned out and organized most of my desk area and storage towers, showered, did one load of laundry, and went to a gas station for change to do another load later on.

Called to refill my scripts...only took me a friggin' week to do it.  Picking them up next week will be another dam story.

I MAY take a shower/shave and run a load of laundry, since that's how that routine usually goes.

Spent about 5 hours at 3 different stores to price out and compare all of the items for my backcountry menus. Took pics of all products and their labels so i could also see the macronutrient content. Price is only part of my choices.

Needed to take my mind off of waiting for results of the auditions. Gotta figure out how to keep busy tomorrow. I can spreadsheet all this crap i guess. Get really picky and obsessive about cleaning...?

Edited by Natasha1