Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

11 minutes ago, evalynn said:

Finally put away all the clothes that have been sitting in clothes baskets for days. I had to take everything out, fold it, sort it, and stuff it into the right drawers. It seems like such a simple task but I let it go on forever.

I've been doing this recently, too. I used to be good about it. But I've had a basket full of clean clothes next to my dresser since the weekend. My drawers are empty of socks and underwear, too, so I have to dig through it anyway. So annoying. Good accomplishment, though! I'm envious.

My only accomplishment today (and yesterday) is getting the courage to start making some phone calls to customers for work. I just need to confirm payee and address because we found a refund on their account, so it should be easy, I mean...we just want to give them money back! But phone calls are so hard with my anxiety. I put off starting them for a week now, but I finally did it.

My dad came over to patch up a hole in the bathroom ceiling, so I had to do the quickest clean-up job of the sinks and miscellaneous junk around the house before he arrived. Considering I was still sleepy and achy, I pretty proud that I pulled it off.

1 hour ago, evalynn said:

My dad came over to patch up a hole in the bathroom ceiling, so I had to do the quickest clean-up job of the sinks and miscellaneous junk around the house before he arrived. Considering I was still sleepy and achy, I pretty proud that I pulled it off.

w00t! That is a big deal! I always resent having to clean for somebody else! Good for you!

• 2 weeks later...

give my sister a ride

saw my theapist

bank

pick up my sister medication

my Cha-Cha called (my late dad's brother)

called my cell phone provider and had them switch my credit card to Amex because I get more cash back. Their website was not working as usual.

I am currently watching Mayday. A plane crashed and the cause was an very angry captain. He yells at everyone.

I'm currently still an undergrad but working towards graduate school. I've been living in a student apartment for a few years now and my family has always helped me with the rent and school. We're nearing the end of my final year and I'm faced with a choice between moving to a new place but with me having to pay for everything now or moving back home. It's stressful because things are tense right now back home and I know it's not everyone's cup of tea to move back home with mom and dad. I still have a few months left but the rent rates around me are high at least for a college undergrad with no degree as of yet and I guess this is just too much. 

Pulled my weight at work. Finishing a course I'm doing. Done my physiotherapy exercises. Doing whatever I can to feel better about myself. Being there for people.

No sense of accomplishment though. No satisfaction. Just emptiness. I've never felt true satisfaction in my life. 

Honestly, I did nothing all day. I couldn't get out of bed today despite having to take an exam and I didn't do it. The only plus side is that I can take the optional final but I would need to do great on the other exams before that. I don't know how it happens. One minute I'm fine and the next day I'm just stuck in bed, contemplating whether or not I should even bother getting up. 

I just fixed our plumbing!!

(I think, haha)

We had a really cold spell a couple of weeks ago, and 3 water pipes burst, because it was below -10 degrees Celcius for a fortnight.

It was very frustrating, because at the time I had the flu and trying to fix burst water pipes in the freezing cold with a flu is not my idea of fun.

Anyway, we fixed the water pipes "emergency style" to stop water leaking, but that meant that we had no more warm water in the kitchen and the dishwasher didn't have a water supply either.

We're living in a bit of a ramshackle-y farm house, which I love (and which is cheap) but it drives me nuts at times.

Because we have so little income (disability and part-time wages) we can't afford to call a plumber / tradesman everytime something goes wrong. So the "minor" stuff, we have to fix ourselves, to save money.

To be honest, I kind of like that. I prefer fixing stuff myself than paying someone else to do it, because I like finding out how stuff works.

But sometimes, it's not fun. If it's 10 degrees below freezing, you have the flu and money is really tight that month, then it's not fun finding out how to fix something yourself...

Anyway, since moving to this place we've spent 18 months without hot water in the kitchen, on and off, whenever part of the plumbing would break. (So far, the hot water supply in the kitchen (and the dishwasher) have been connected to a pump that draws bore water/ ground water out of a well. So whenever something's wrong with the pump, then there's only been cold water in the kitchen.)

Given that the 3 burst water pipes also affected the pump AGAIN, I finally got sick of it and decided to connect the hot water and dishwasher to the mains water/ normal tap water.

Because everything in this house is so ramshackle-y, it's taken me 3 days and 4 trips to the hardware store to get all the right parts to re-connect all the water supplies differently. It's been driving me nuts the past 3 days and stuff kept going wrong and not fitting or not sealing properly and dripping and it was starting to get really challenging depression-wise.

But half an hour ago, I finally got it FIXED  : )

And the dishwasher is running again.

So I don't have to do the dishes by hand in the bathroom.... YAAAYYYYY

I am so happy right now. (And really hope that all of the pipe connections will hold and won't start dripping again, cos then I will want to cry and curse...)  : P

By the way, I really want to recommend getting a dishwasher to anyone struggling with doing the dishes cos of depression.

And also, getting an electric toothbrush if you struggle brushing your teeth.

I saved up for both on disability and they are 2 of the best investments I ever made in my entire life, because they make each and every day coping with depression a bit less awful and have a bit better quality of life.

I am going to sit on the sofa and enjoy listening to the sound of the dishwasher a bit... : )

And cross my fingers that nothing starts dripping again.

P.S. I also love doing things like plumbing myself, because it's not a traditional "girls" thing to do. It makes me feel strong and competent and empowered to be able to fix things like plumbing, which is a great depression-antidote, when it works... : )

Hardware stores are my favourite place on earth next to libraries and being in nature or crawling under the covers in bed.

Hardware stores make me feel like I can do/ make/ build/ repair anything, which is the opposite of depression for me.

Well, I am stoked to report: "Still no drips"

It seems to have worked.

I even integrated an in-line tap into the solution I built, so that if there is ever an issue again, I can stop the water flow at the tap if need be.

I am so ridiculously happy, I feel like a hero and a champ for having fixed the plumbing.

(Tho watch my confidence and self-esteem and positive mood crumble if it starts dripping again - which is not healthy I think... Surely confidence and self-esteem should not be so volatile as to be affected by external factors so much, but that's another kettle of fish...)

I'm always very withdrawn when it comes to sharing my accomplishments. People usually never 'get it', therefore I never share these things. But this is a safe zone, so here I go:

1. I made my bed. Changed the sheets, made it up all pretty. 

2. Organized the clothes in my closet. 

3. Controlled my impulse to binge eat. 

4. I have worked all day on a new watercolor painting, very slowly though... At times I feel like giving up but I'm forcing myself to go back to my desk and continue, instead of neglecting it for days as I'm prone to. 

12 minutes ago, Drawing Flies said:

I'm always very withdrawn when it comes to sharing my accomplishments. People usually never 'get it', therefore I never share these things. But this is a safe zone, so here I go:

1. I made my bed. Changed the sheets, made it up all pretty. 

2. Organized the clothes in my closet. 

3. Controlled my impulse to binge eat. 

4. I have worked all day on a new watercolor painting, very slowly though... At times I feel like giving up but I'm forcing myself to go back to my desk and continue, instead of neglecting it for days as I'm prone to. 

Definitely a safe place! Those sound like great accomplishments! And it sounds like you had a good, productive day. Be proud!

I myself did not accomplish very much, but I did have a relaxing day. I read some, and I've been trying to read more, so that's good. And I'm proud of eating a whole sandwich today, which isn't much, but my appetite has been non existent for months...so I think it's an accomplishment!

1 hour ago, velvetpuddles said:

Definitely a safe place! Those sound like great accomplishments! And it sounds like you had a good, productive day. Be proud!

I myself did not accomplish very much, but I did have a relaxing day. I read some, and I've been trying to read more, so that's good. And I'm proud of eating a whole sandwich today, which isn't much, but my appetite has been non existent for months...so I think it's an accomplishment!

Being able to relax is great! That's a huge accomplishment. And I'm glad your appetite improved today, congratulations. :) 

On 20/03/2018 at 9:34 PM, Royally1nsane said:

Honestly, I did nothing all day. I couldn't get out of bed today despite having to take an exam and I didn't do it. The only plus side is that I can take the optional final but I would need to do great on the other exams before that. I don't know how it happens. One minute I'm fine and the next day I'm just stuck in bed, contemplating whether or not I should even bother getting up. 

Hang in there, my dude! Student life can be really stressful. I'm trying to finish my Master's Degree and it's not easy at all but hopefully I'll graduate by autumn.

Well, my Easter holidays are drawing to a close... I have today and five more days til work starts up again.

I spent the first week of my holidays working incredibly hard to get lots of overdue work/ tasks done that had started piling up.

The last 3 days I've managed to completely relax and just float and do whatever I feel like, get sleep, do stuff that interests me, have me-time.

I'm VERY glad I managed to do this. Because I'm not always able to get into a relaxed state. And given that I've been totally overworked of late and exhausted and feeling more burnt-out than I'd like, I knew I had to try and get some days off happening during my Easter break, to recharge my inner batteries, before work starts up again.

So I am very, very, very grateful that's worked out.

BUT... I need to get back to work now.

There's still a big pile of stuff that I need to do before work starts up again.

And I need to get motivated about it. I need to get my adrenaline levels back up, I need to start achieving stuff again.

I need to get out of my mellow, lazy relaxation bubble.

(I don't want to of course, haha... I want to keep floating and relaxing... waaaaah)

But I need to stop and I need to start achieving stuff again.

I'm going to make a to do list for the last 5 days of my break.

SIGH

SIGH

SIGH

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:15 AM, virvellian said:

Hang in there, my dude! Student life can be really stressful. I'm trying to finish my Master's Degree and it's not easy at all but hopefully I'll graduate by autumn.

Congrats! I hope you get your Masters. Honestly, I didn't even go to any of my classes today but I did have a graveyard shift so I was sleeping most of today.