Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Two loads of laundry washed, dried, folded, and put away

Dishwasher emptied and refilled

Picked up husband at mechanic where he dropped off his car to be fixed

Bought myself a coffee at Dunkin Donuts

Need to balance my checkbook and pay bills today, keep putting it off because of dread and anxiety over it

Washed blankets and pillows on my couch

Mopped kitchen floor

Dusted and vacuumed family room, living and dining rooms

Cleaned first floor bathroom

Since I started posting here I've noticed that I do get quite a bit accomplished for a depressed person. I think it's due to guilt. I get back in bed or lay around for most of the morning, but then I start feeling guilty about not taking care of things for my family. So I somehow manage to do things even though I'm pretty much depressed and anxious the entire time I'm doing it. It's a miserable way to live. I hope my antidepressant starts working soon.

I took my walk to the end of the street and back. I have a very good friend who is on vacation and she is the one who suggested I walk and she goes with me every day. Then when she's back to work we are hoping I can continue on my own. I'm hopeful that I will. I also went to my dentist to tell him I have not recovered from the novocaine and it has been over a week and my tongue is still tingly. I could not bring myself to call because phones stress me so my friend came with me and I got it done. He said it could take months but that my tongue should get better. I hope!!! I also picked up eggs and milk and treated myself to an icee. So far it has been a very productive day for me.

Edited by dsm

I managed to get to my doctor appointment early in the morning and told her of my suicide plan. Watched Oculus in theatres by myself after that. Went to dinner with some friends and went home after that. I ended up trying to self harm my wrist...just because I hear people do it all the time. I never really had the feeling of wanting too but I was thinking might as well try it out. As expected I did not feel any sort of relief. Now I just feel a bit light headed and my body feels all weak....but at least before the attempt to self harm the day was going well. I even woke up at a normal time.

I'm glad you spoke to your doctor about your suicide plans. Sometimes it helps just so say it out loud, then the thoughts have less power. I hope you don't try to self-harm again. There are other ways to find relief. My pdoc gave me clonazepam as an emergency medication, if the tension builds up too much, and it really helps. It doesn't sedate me too much.

Today, I had an unexpected adventure: I helped a friend and neighbor get rid of her head lice. What a chore! I am paranoid of these creepy crawly creatures. She just had an operation on her hand and cannot wash her hair herself. So I applied the anti-lice shampoo and tried to comb out the dead lice and nits after. During this procedure, I saw the lice crawling around on her shoulders, on the bathroom floor... So, now my nerves are kind of frayed and my own head is itching just from the thought about head lice. We can't figure out where she could have gotten them from...

Now I need to recover and I won't be able to accomplish anything else today.

Wow martyrgirl, I'd say you win Friend of the Year for that!!! I used to be a school nurse so I am very familiar with head lice, not fun, and I wasn't the one who had to actually do the shampooing. I always felt sorry for those parents. And kids. You are a true friend.

Stayed home. Getting packed for my vacation to Victoria. Slept well.

Have a pleasant yet safe trip to Victoria...enjoy!

Thank you Craig, I just returned to snow in Edmonton after four days of relaxation, sunshine, flowers, and green grass.

I was very productive both today and yesterday. Made my mother an Easter basket, fixed good meals, did dishes, got away from my computer and even played a board game with my mother. Yet I'm very depressed. I feel like I'm being crushed. I've wasted my life and I have a feeling I'll continue to waste the rest of it. I'm having a very hard time today.

Jump started my brothers Fairlane as the battary was flat and removed a spider for him as he is scared of them LOL. Browsed V8 X series Falcon utes on ebay and gumtree, made a couple of phone calls to vehicle sellers (im on the hunt for a V8 Falcon ute as a daily)

Edited by Metal_Falcon_351

I was very productive both today and yesterday. Made my mother an Easter basket, fixed good meals, did dishes, got away from my computer and even played a board game with my mother. Yet I'm very depressed. I feel like I'm being crushed. I've wasted my life and I have a feeling I'll continue to waste the rest of it. I'm having a very hard time today.

:console::rose:

I have some tasks that need to get done and it's causing me great stress. One is taxes that I have not yet filed. The other is going through the mail. I don't know why I let mail build up. I hate mail almost as much as I hate phone calls. But I did leave the house yesterday and I must pick up milk today, so it looks like I will be going out for milk at some point. I'll be happy to get that accomplished. I'll try hard to start going through the mail. Then maybe when my desk is cleared, I can think about taxes.

Joined this forum.

Went for a walk.

Vacumned the house.

Will do Meditation now.

Arranged to meet someone later.

Talked to two friends on the phone.

Don't feel so hot, I'm sleep-deprived & a bit anxious, but I'm trying to keep it in the moment.

Shaved my head bald......it was very liberating.

Then at least you won't get head lice! And you don't have to shampoo your hair at all!

That's what is difficult to accomplish for me, washing my own hair. But today, I did get some e-mail checking accomplished. And I ate lunch!

Today I had to go to the store, and that's a very big task for me for so many reasons. One, I hate to leave the house. Two, I hate myself. Three, I'm obese and it's a huge struggle for me to move around. Four, I suffer from severe anxiety. Five... and so on.

When I have to go to the store, I make myself sick over it for days. Today, I told myself that if I made it to the store, I would come and post my success here and maybe someone would understand just how big a deal it was that I got that task done. And even though I don't know anyone here, I was anxious to be able to tell someone, anyone, that I accomplished my task.

I went to the store today! Not just one store, but two stores. I'm exhausted and stressed to the max, but I did it.

If you did anything today, anything at all... please post here. Or if you do something tomorrow, please come back and report it. I don't care how small the task is, because I think when suffering from depression, there are no small tasks. I have days where if I take in the mail, it's considered a good day. Seriously.

So, did you do anything at all today? Anything?

I can totally relate, I dread that I have to take my kid for a haircut tomorrow, its unfamiliar and I have no clue on what I'm doing in this arena. I don't even know what tip % I'm supposed to give the stylist. I have not gone in years, I just shave all my hair off. Now that I'm in divorce I have to take on more of these things. I never was the one that did the cloths shopping, the doctor appointments, the haircuts. I can't explain why but it causes dreadful anxiety just going to these places. this is totally outside of what I'm good at.