Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Snow, yuck! That's why I'm staying in Florida. I always wanted to live somewhere else until one time I got stuck in snow visiting a friend in New Jersey. I thought I was gonna die. That was the first time I drove in snow from Newark Airport to where she lived 30 miles away. Talk about stressfull driving. Slip and slide the whole way. Wouldn't have made it without my cigarettes. I cleaned house today, took a nap, and tended to the forums.

i went to see my psych today on an emergency visit, and then delivered a letter to my supervisor outlining the terms of my short term disability claim that was caused by both the company and their employees, it stated that the disability was to commence immediately and that they would be kept informed through the union and that they were to have no direct contact with me, all correspondence would go through the union.

That's fantastic Surfcaster that you'll be able to be out of work for a while to work on you. I wish we had unions here in Florida, I could use a couple months off to deal with the startups of the meds. Hope you're able to deal with your anger and not keep it bottled up anymore.

I finished a short story today totaling about 6,000 words total. I still need to edit it and settle on a name or two, but then I'm done! That'll only take a day or so.

This is my first time being on a forum and I LOVE IT! The messages here are very helpful. I've been going through a lot of forums over the last 3 months and this is the one to be in. Even when I do get back to myself, I plan on staying on this forum to report on my progress and send out any helpful messages that I can. So many of us out there!

I'm glad you like it here. Sometimes I worry that forums are far too limited in what they can do.

I've had a rough couple of days due to lack of sleep from my mind spinning. I did get some laundry done yesterday and hope to do another load today. Other than that, my big accomplishment for today was to give myself permission to NOT feel guilty if I do absolutely nothing.

I didn't cry at work today. This is a bad time of year for me and any time my mind slowed down today it hit. I may have broke down as I was unlocking my apartment door, but it didn't happen at work.

That's a nice achievement if your feeling bad. Yesterday I had the same thing, almost cried at work but made it out. Did cry a little during my bike ride home.

Took my meds in the morning. Drove my 3-yr old son to daycare. Picked him up from daycare later in the afternoon. He touched my face and said that daddy is pr!ckly. I did not bother explaining that shaving is not a priority when daddy is depressed. Then I touched his face and told him he is pr!ckly too. He laughed. It bought a smile to my face. Later I went to the gym. Did chest, back, biceps, triceps.

Felt pretty much the same as before the gym: no pleasure out of life, still depressed. Watched hockey on TV. Ate some stir-fry. Showered. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Edited by StanF23

It was shaping up to be a very bad day today, but I did manage to bundle up and at least take a short walk out to the local mall. The hordes irritated me more than usual (it's the Saturday before Christmas - no wonder!), but I survived it. My prize was a pretty ball of Noro Kureyon yarn for the leg warmers I'm working on!

Before I managed to drag myself out, I had had my breakfast, sat down to knit…and promptly decided to go back down for a nap until just after noon. :/

My next major hurdle is getting dinner together…which will require bundling up AGAIN just to go out and get a pack of green onions, of all stupid things.

I may just have to skip that, as it may not be worth the trouble of dressing up for, as sometimes just getting myself layered up to go outside is an overwhelming task.

So hard to feel good about anything right now. I didn't think the holiday would bother me since I have done nothing at all for it. No shopping. No decorations. No special food. I'll see no one but my elderly mother that I care for. Yet it's in the back of my mind that I should be doing something festive. I feel like it's not fair to my mother that I'm trying to ignore the holidays. I'm so on edge and very Biotchy.

With all that said, I did manage to get out just now to pick up something I needed for my blog and to drop mail in the po box. I was also supposed to swing by the market but I skipped that and I'm trying to not feel guilty about that. Rough time.