Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

I took two large t.v. sets to Salvation Army.  Originally, I put them by the curb, but no one wanted them (well, someone took one of the remotes, which was nice :glare:).  So I had to drive a half hour there and a half hour back to take these things (and a bunch of other stuff) to donate.  But I no longer have to worry about getting rid of the damn things.

After a week of struggling to do much of anything - my T tells me it's more physiological than psychological considering my health issues - I actually was productive today.  There's still a part of me that resists the obvious, that my stamina has really taken a hit this year.

Nevertheless, took a trimmer to a few front lawn areas and another to the bushes...and, yeah, got winded.  But later managed to fill up the tank and get groceries.

What I'm finding I need right now is external influences to get me off my butt.  Frankly, heck, whatever it takes. 

• 4 weeks later...

Due to my self-made debacle with my apartment window, I resolved that this weekend I would do a lot of cleaning so the place looks halfway decent when the maintenance man comes in later this week. Well today I managed to do some cleaning, though not as much as I had planned, and i have to say that even though there's still a lot to do, even with the little I did get done this place already looks better. I'm going to try to get some more done tonight, and also some more tomorrow night. Maybe, just maybe I can convince myself that there's something to be said for getting organized. I know my brother the shrink said that being disorganized tends to worsen depression and I can attest to that, but motivation is hard to come by a lot of the time.

Yesterday, could barely get out of bed, but today I did my laundry, cleaned the floors, got groceries, and did a little bit at the gym. I still feel depressed but at least there is a feeling that I am trying to take care of myself.... It is amazing that the things I took for granted when I am not depressed are such milestones! Great job to all of us for surviving another day and trying our best to make the best of it!

Got my apartment straightened up enough that I wouldn't get a nasty note from management after they came in here looking for water leaks again. Swapped out my new CPAP mask for one like the kind I used before (moral of the story: if it ain't broke, don't fix it,) got a new pair of boots since one of the old ones was no longer waterproof, and looked at new cell phones without actually getting one.

• 2 weeks later...

On the face of things today was actually quite productive (certainly compared to the last three days where i barely/didn't leave the house or eat anything).

- I went to my exam - completely failed but that doesn't matter cos i explained to the teacher that my dad's ill and that I didn't revise as a result. He was disappointed but sympathetic because his dad had the same thing. With all the worrying and stressing I'd be doing over it I'm immensely proud I even went

- Bought a hoover

- Picked up a prescription for my infected finger - should be able to go rock climbing again in 3 - 4 days (woo!)

- Deposited a cheque at the bank

- Gave my skype lesson

- Went shopping and actually bought some clothes for the first time in like.......forever (this would be a massive accomplishment even if i wasn't as terribly depressed as I am at the moment

Just need to start painting the picture I want to and make some food and I'll consider this today rather successful

(We won't mention the fact that the rest of the day I was constantly repeating to myself under my breath how much of a worthless piece of I am and how much I want to end everything, or that I lay under my duvet for over 40 minutes because I couldn't face anything anymore)

:-)

Edited by everythingsgonnabealright

I decided this year I want to try something new every week. So Week #1 I went to a museum (free admission every first Thursday of the month lol). There were A LOT of people there (majority with other people) and I was there alone. My anxiety was high and my self-consciousness, too. But I stayed there a little less than 90 minutes and then I GTFO lol. So while it wasn't exactly pleasant, it was bearable.

Got back into the swing of things at the gym, found an errant letter that needed posting and got it on it's way, got a few out of the ordinary treats from IKEA :smile: , saw "lil chef" Sarah in the shop and wished her happy new years and had a little chat, posted an outstanding parcel.

On 11/22/2016 at 10:15 PM, lex333 said:

I went to work and took a walk at lunch time.... 

Same here. It's zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit here today. And windy. I saw a guy walking with shorts on while I was outside. That's Wisconsin for you.

Hello all my good friends, I hope you all are doing well or at least the best that you can. Today is yet another day that has been given to me, and what I try to do with it is totally up to me. It's 1:06pm right now and I am feeling somewhat depressed, but not extremely. My biggest complaint, not that I like to complain, is that I am very weak and just feeling very sickly, but I am sure the antibiotics are doing their job.  I have not accomplished much today so far, but that is really the plan for me anyway. My accomplishment happened last night.
Last night was really great, we had what we call an eat and speak at the NA house. That's where, well we eat a lot, and then we have a speaker that talks about their recovery from drugs. I listened intensely and I so related to all that he talked about. In our regular meetings we are lucky to have 4 or 5 people to show up, this is a small town though. But last night there must have been 40 to 50 people there. I made scalloped potatoes which were completely consumed. I do hate to be in public around a lot of people, but last night I even surprised myself, I talked a lot to all the new people that I have never met, as I do feel very comfortable being around other addicts. As I also feel very comfortable being around other handicapped people/kids and being around others that also deal with mental health issues. Today I plan to just rest, watch some TV and just basically take care of myself as the doctor ordered me to.
I may spend some time on here, the forum, that is for a little while. But in the meantime, please all my DF friends, do have as best of a day as yall can...Be Good to Yourselves... PS: Thank God for spell check on here...

• 1 month later...

I took a shower, filled a prescription and got groceries.  That's quite a bit for me to do in one day (lately).  

Now the guinea pig is watching a movie in the other room, and I'm starting to get kind of tired.

I was hoping I'd get more done, but maybe not.

Did my work shift 4.25 hours of early-early (5:15am) to mid-morning customer service.

Laundry started.

Then had lunch with a friend and her daughter. Then made coffee for my friend and me and husband and we chatted.

Laundry in dryer.

Then called to refill a prescription.

Then groceries.

Now will get dinner started.

A busy and social day.

Oh, whoops. I didn't realize this was already a topic! Sorry about that.

Well, I've set goals for myself to be able to go to town and do things and get back home without having a panic attack. My pdoc calls it "exposure therapy." I live about a half hour away from town, so it's a good hour + just getting there/back, not counting time spent in town.

So! I started with a gas station and "shopped" in there. A few days later I went to the small grocery store and didn't have a panic attack. Anxiety, but no panic attack. Today I went to the medium-sized grocery store. I did start having a panic attack, but I was able to calm myself down and "float" through it. I wish I had pushed harder and tried to do something else while I was in town, but I did not. But! I did do that, at least. 

Next, I need to make it to the big grocery store (Wal-Mart. Ugh).. and I need to get a haircut. After that, it is back to work!!

22 minutes ago, Nisemono said:

:roll2:What was the movie?

Today I went in a pub after going to the library. My counsellor insists that I try to go out and meet other people, and I did. The place was a dive and the alcohol was awful. The sort of place where everyone knows each other because they're all related and there's a weird kid in the corner playing 'dueling banjos'. "You aint from round these parts are you boy?" No but I have my rape alarm. Most of what I just said was lies but the alcohol was rubbish.

ahahahaha