Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Happened to be up early.  On my depression days I'd normally have that internal debate on whether I could accomplish (or even think about) a task at that hour. The debate was mercifully brief (thank you Zoloft).  Grabbed my ballot and went out to do early voting.  No line!

Thursday would have been my day to see my therapist.  It has been almost three months since he has been offfighting cancer.  He has a good prognosis for recovery and might be back in December.  Worry about him, but am now worrying about me.  I have been in therapy since 1987 and never had a three month break.  I have had outside referrals but none seem to jive.  My therapist is the only one who really "see's me", knows my history.  Going to another and starting all over again I have tried and it is both frustrating and costly.

So I'm praying my therapist will recover soon.  And not for selfish reasons.  Miss him very much and feel very incomplete.

My longest list of accomplishments have already been achieved.  I actually remember getting depressed thinking I had done everything I had always wanted to do with my life in terms of academic success and jobs I'd always wanted.  Then I said: what now?  Daily things at home mean nothing to me.  I have a few goals that I have my heart set on.  Still thinking things over.

Hello all, it's 10:09pm and I did accomplish several things today. First I hesitantly crawled out of bed, that was a task, then I called and made an appointment with a doctor about my stomach issues and one with my primary doctor. I then visited with my sister who came over, then I cooked supper for myself and took a shower. But the hardest thing I did was I had my sponsor come and get me and went to an NA meeting. I talked some but the whole time I was there I just felt anxious like I wanted to just get out of there.  But it was good for me to be with other people that understood me. So I did accomplish something today and I am glad...Be Good to Yourselves... 

I have made myself go to work.  Mainly because if I didn't I would get written up and likely let go.  But each day is such a trial.  I am seriously looking into starting an intensive out patient program, and taking a leave from work, because while I am not suicidal, I am so stressed, anxious, and depressed that I think about hurting myself or find myself wishing I would have an accident or something that would give me a "legitimate" excuse to take a medical leave (I know mental health is legitimate, but knowing and =feeling= are different things).

Did yard work for about 4 hours. It at least was exercise. After that I played a match with my team against another for our first scrimage. We lost, but it helped us as a team and I think we learned a lot from it.

Edited by Jalen

On November 17, 2016 at 6:41 AM, majorh said:

I have made myself go to work.  Mainly because if I didn't I would get written up and likely let go.  But each day is such a trial.  I am seriously looking into starting an intensive out patient program, and taking a leave from work, because while I am not suicidal, I am so stressed, anxious, and depressed that I think about hurting myself or find myself wishing I would have an accident or something that would give me a "legitimate" excuse to take a medical leave (I know mental health is legitimate, but knowing and =feeling= are different things).

An intensive outpatient program can be really helpful... I hope that what ever you choose to do things start looking up for you!