Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

Upgraded my old champ of a phone to a water-resistant Moto and opted for the max'd out RAM.  It's a task I've wanted to accomplish since the latest bout of depression hit me four months ago.  I think you're the only people who'd understand what a huge victory that is. 

I suppose as a reward for my patience, suffering, whatever you want to call it, the price for the more capable model had in the meantime dropped.  I paid the same as if I'd gone with the standard model four months ago.

Edited by MarkintheDark

I did not rage at the hordes of cars that took over my favorite park today without warning.

I stepped out to buy some fall related things, cause god knows the xmas blitz is almost here in retail land and I want to enjoy the peace just for a moment longer.

I made some pretty good salmon.  And I decided to spend time here instead of time-wasting sites.

Portioned out and froze a bunch of meals, made granola bars, 3 loads of laundry, showered, took out garbage and recycling, and made 4 containers of vegetables, fruit, a muffin ,and yogurt for lunches for the week.

Yesterday I mowed the front and back lawns and cut up some of a large tree branch that fell in my yard with a manual saw.  It was exhausting.  Then I showered and got ready and went to the post office and the store.

It was a productive day. 

Not sure what today will be like yet.

Did a few driving chores.

Walk for half hour.

Chapters book store.....spoke to Noel.  She is a nurse and she is always concerned about my depression.

Starbucks.........read a book

Situation Brewing

Got a haircut yesterday.  Always love haircut day. Tough for me to get off my *** and actually make the appointment, but always glad I did because it encourages me on my other grooming.

The biggie was that I emptied the dryer after a month.  I've been doing laundry, running the dryer and grabbing stuff out of the it as needed.  Feels like a big accomplishment to actually have an empty dryer (and nicely folded clothes).

Went for a walk listening to the new Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds album... big mistake (its not a bad album, its actually brilliant but its very very dark as expected). I felt sad for the rest of the day. I tried to play some Counter Strike but had to leave a game due to feeling bad. Music does this to me sometimes, I shouldnt listen to so much dark music but I generally dislike most "happy" music. Anyway, nope not a lot today.

I washed my hair for the first time in ages, took a bit of effort to motivate myself to do it as I keep thinking that looking after my appearance is a waste of time. 

Posted a load of parcels this morning and went along to the shop where my dad volunteers to say hello and have a chat with him and his friend Paul.

Went to the gym about lunchtime and had a good work out for two hours.

After that the testosterone was flowing so I went to a few places where I know people to see if anyone was about to chat with while I was in the mood, sadly none of them seemed to be about today, I did however have a enjoyable stroll round the art place and look at their new exhibition. 

Drove home listening to the best of the Cure :smile:

5 hours ago, MarkintheDark said:

Got a haircut yesterday.  Always love haircut day. Tough for me to get off my *** and actually make the appointment, but always glad I did because it encourages me on my other grooming.

The biggie was that I emptied the dryer after a month.  I've been doing laundry, running the dryer and grabbing stuff out of the it as needed.  Feels like a big accomplishment to actually have an empty dryer (and nicely folded clothes).

Well done Mark :smile: I'm the same when it comes to being lazy and just fishing something out the machine rather than actually sorting it out and putting it away neatly. 

7 hours ago, duck said:

Did a few driving chores.

Walk for half hour.

Chapters book store.....spoke to Noel.  She is a nurse and she is always concerned about my depression.

Starbucks.........read a book

Situation Brewing

I thought about you this morning, was just wondering how you were :smile: glad your okay buddy. 

16 hours ago, hocico said:

I thought about you this morning, was just wondering how you were :smile: glad your okay buddy. 

Thanks.  Good to hear from you too.

Slept in today and missed  a group meeting for depression but this evening I was able to attend another one.

Starbucks.......spoke to Alyssa who works there.

Block1912 Cafe.....read a book

Walk for twenty minutes.

Shower and shave.

Watch some tv  F1 race from Singapore.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hoping to workout more and start going to the gym soon.  All my muscles are weak and I would like to develop them.

I've been on my new medication (Bupropion) for a little over a month. I felt great motivation initially, then nothing the last two weeks. I was getting down about it. 

Then today!  I've shampooed all rugs, steamed the tile floors, unloaded the dishwasher, loaded the dishwasher, unloaded again, conquered four loads of laundry, cleaned both bathrooms, cleaned my oldest daughters room... 

I don't know who I am today, but I LOVE it!  I can't wait for my husband to get off work and come home to see he will get to relax this evening rather than assist me in doing things!

Dropped my daughter off at school, went to depression support group, removed one box of clutter from my car, picked my daughter up from afterschool, went to the park and did some homework with her, chopped a salad

I felt totally unmotivated this morning, but I forced myself to get started and wound up getting a lot done.  I went outside and cut up some more of the branches that have fallen off one of my huge trees.  I took a shower.  I made some phone calls to schedule a medical test and an appointment.  I went to my mother's house.  I went to the bank (twice).  I went to the store to get a few things.  I went to another store and filled a prescription.  By the time I was done, I was so exhausted that it scared me a little...so I've been lying here posting since I got home.