Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Checked my tire pressures. The tire pressure light came on.  Luckily no flat.  Just a tad low.  Went to the gas station and put in air.

Starbucks....sat in the cold and drank coffee. $2.21

Block 1912.....cookie. $2.14

Next Act Pub....iced tea  + alcohol for my friend  $13

Mike's Famous .....fingers and fries. $12

Did not sleep at all last night.

met my friend Tim at this new place

Starbucks for a bit when my new friend Dave saw me and asked us to go to a movie with him.

Saw movie Cafe Society

Next Act Pub...with David and Julia

I started medication again.

I talked to my boss about the full extent of my mental health. 

I dd the work I was supposed to at work.

I tried going to a career event after work but couldn't stay around. Too much anxiety.

I am back on Depression Forums for more support. I'm wondering where the big megathread is with people just posting their random life musings/vents/updates. That was so immensely helpful and it seems to be gone...??

Got to my doctor's office without getting lost. Told her everything I could think of. Met my husband for lunch and had a healthy(ish?) lunch and a healthy dinner. So far have staved off cravings for excess carbs and chocolate (had a low cal yogurt instead). Trying to stay strong until I get to sleep. Need to floss and brush tonight and get some sleep, because tomorrow morning I have my follow up dentist appointment where hopefully she'll tell me my gums have improved since last month.

I had to call Empire flooring today and set up an appointment for the house I'm moving into. Having to find, call and hire electricians, roof people and floor people has been torture on my anxiety. Especially waiting for the phone to ring.... but I trek on....

I also was able to sit down long enough to watch Showgirls...one of my favorite movies. Thats usually a good judge for me to see how I am for the day. If I can sit through a movie I really love without anxiousness then I feel a bit more accomplished than normal

Edited by Ihatethinkingofausername

Two-hour meeting with new HIV case manager.  Considerably younger than me and doesn't get clinical depression AT ALL (minimizing, dismissive, invalidating).  I actually had the gumption to tell him, gently but firmly, he didn't know what he was talking about.  Thankgawd I have a T and pdoc.  He was helpful on some persistent non-HIV medical issues however.

Picked up a lot of my favorite Progresso soups on sale 2-4-1.

Confirmation from my HIV doc I don't need to fast for tomorrow's blood draw since I'll probably be changing meds.

Got out of bed at a reasonable time, not looking forward to a 'productive' day, fretting over everything. I have the most difficulty accomplishing due-diligence stuff like vacuuming the house, lawn duties, dishes, etc. While getting these things done should give me some sense of positive feedback, it doesn't. It just illustrates that I am behind in my duties and cannot seem to catch up so that I can pay attention to the should haves.

On 9/7/2016 at 8:29 PM, chasinghappiness said:

I started medication again.

I talked to my boss about the full extent of my mental health. 

I dd the work I was supposed to at work.

I tried going to a career event after work but couldn't stay around. Too much anxiety.

I am back on Depression Forums for more support. I'm wondering where the big megathread is with people just posting their random life musings/vents/updates. That was so immensely helpful and it seems to be gone...??

Try the watercooler headline where the post anything thread is.

Saw my new therapist.  My last one who I had seen for a year fell ill and probably won't be back for 3 to 4 months.  This is a big counseling center so all of my therapists clients were assigned to others.  Mine was a young woman, very sweet, but had not taken the initiative to look over my therapist's notes.  Also she did not share her background, credentials, and such.  So pretty much start from scratch and spend a year just getting her up to speed.  Not happy about how all this was handled.

So I will need to search outside for a fit permanently or if and when my initial therapist returns from his recovery. My case, as most of ours are, is very complicated, and I get tired of spending $150 an hour to rehash everything and basically educate the therapist.  Very frustrating.  !!! 

Saturday

Shower and shave

Visit my big sister and niece.  My niece's birthday is on tomorrow.

Visit Starbucks, Block 1912, and Next Act Pub with friends.  

The server was interesting. she seemed like a good person.  Her name was Amy.