Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

I haven't been on the forum for awhile.  Thought I would check in.   Today was about getting up too late and falling behind on every thing I needed to accomplish, but I did.  I seem to have become the nocturnal type staying until 3 or 4am watching movies or writing with absolutely no concept of time.  Need to remedy that as I waste half the next day.

Got bad news from a friend in Philadelphia Wednesday which has been on my mind a lot. 

Been watching the Olympics.  They are awesome.  Michael Phelps and the other US swimmers are amazing. Women's Gymnastic Team incredible.   All and all it is hard to stop watching.  Other than that watching CNN off and on catching up and finding how unbelievable this Presidential election is.  It is beginning to scare me.

Watched four great movies.  Recommend them.

"Sicko" is a documentary by Michael Moore about our medical insurance flaws here in the US.  Comparing the many countries with Universal Health Insurance to our set up which pales by comparison.

"Theory of Everything"

"Still Alice"

"The Imitation Game".

Not much interest going out as it is hot and have air conditioning.  I know the West Coast is nothing compared to the rest of the country with the heat, humidity, and floods.

That is about it. 

Went to work, light lunch, pushed myself to do 25% more exercise. Picked up my kid. Made dinner. Watched much Olympics. Avoided drinks but not snacks. Did the dishes. Got antibiotics into the cat & fed her. Showered, shaved. Treated my tennis elbow. Got my back waxed (now I feel like a human instead of a silverback). 

29 minutes ago, highanxiety said:

I haven't been on the forum for awhile.  Thought I would check in.   Today was about getting up too late and falling behind on every thing I needed to accomplish, but I did.  I seem to have become the nocturnal type staying until 3 or 4am watching movies or writing with absolutely no concept of time.  Need to remedy that as I waste half the next day.

Got bad news from a friend in Philadelphia Wednesday which has been on my mind a lot. 

Been watching the Olympics.  They are awesome.  Michael Phelps and the other US swimmers are amazing. Women's Gymnastic Team incredible.   All and all it is hard to stop watching.  Other than that watching CNN off and on catching up and finding how unbelievable this Presidential election is.  It is beginning to scare me.

Watched four great movies.  Recommend them.

"Sicko" is a documentary by Michael Moore about our medical insurance flaws here in the US.  Comparing the many countries with Universal Health Insurance to our set up which pales by comparison.

"Theory of Everything"

"Still Alice"

"The Imitation Game".

Not much interest going out as it is hot and have air conditioning.  I know the West Coast is nothing compared to the rest of the country with the heat, humidity, and floods.

That is about it. 

I'm sorry about your friend...

I so understand and going to the store (you actually went to 2) is a HUGE SUCCESS!!  I have agoraphobia and rarely ever leave my home.  Everything has to be delivered or I go without.  My house is beyond disgusting.  I too am severely obese and just moving is a challenge.  It's also embarrassing, so I take my hat off to you!

Today I.....

Helped my Mom take the dog to the groomer`s

Made breakfast for family

Cleaned my turtles tank

Cleaned bathroom

Took a shower

Made lunch for my family

Did the dishes

Helped my Mom pick up the dog from the groomer`s

Visited with my family

Read a little

Today I did 2 laundry loads--one was the bed sheets. When they were done, I made up the bed and started a load of my clothes.

I showered. 

I spent some happy time loading music onto my iPod (old click wheel iPod) and making sure the new computer software has all my music the way I want it to be.  But it was great playing music and listening on my headphones. 

Was once again very tempted to call in sick today but still went in. I was tired all day though. Feel like I need to take some time off but 1) with my job you have to request time off weeks in advance and 2) since I don't plan on staying there very long I'm trying to hoard vacation time so I can get paid for it in cash once I quit.

I was just dragging all day... tired and worn out. Weekends never seem to last long enough no matter what your job is but when you only get every other weekend off it especially seems like you blink and you miss them. If I had stayed home I wouldn't have done anything, just stayed in bed all day. Tonight I am going to sit down and watch PBS and just zone out. Have off tomorrow and don't have a bunch of appointments like usual, just a couple, so hopefully I can catch up on chill time.

I have a job interview tom, hopefully I get it.  It's close and it's just a small retail store.  Not very hard.  I missed my appointment so I rescheduled wed day.  Was actually a good day, I felt good.  I went out with my brother, and it was a lot of fun.  

Tuesday

Shower

Saw pdoc.

Chapters book store spoke to Noel

Starbucks spoke to Alyssa

Fringe with Tim and Joe

Text Pam and John

Sugarbowl ...bar

All Happy Place Restaurant with David and Julia.

Got through another day at work, then went to the gym, and that's where things got interesting. The gym I go to is across the parking lot from a "big box" store and I was finishing up my workout on a machine that face the window that faces that store. I saw a car go driving through the parking lot and I thought to myself, That looks like a car I usually see in the parking lot at work. So I kept going and a moment or so later I think I saw the woman from work who I have such a hardcore crush on walking into the store. It was far away but it looked like her, especially with the dress she was wearing.

So now I was in a quandary... here I had a potential opportunity to see her outside of work, which almost never happens. And I thought maybe I could even impress her by looking all manly, what with my gym clothes on, sweat on my face and in my hair. Thought I'd just go over to that store myself and just "bump into her," and be Mr. Nonchalant, yeah I just got done working out at the gym, getting all buff and stuff, then I remembered I had to pick up something here. Part of me said to do it and stop being such a wuss, another part of me said she might think you're a stalker or something. Plus I thought maybe instead of seeing me as masculine she would see me as all sweaty and gross (not that I was drenched or anything) and I may even have BO that I didn't notice because I've become "nose blind" to it. Finally I decided against it. But I don't live that far away from there and all the way home I was thinking I would turn around at the next intersection and go back. I don't know. This is maddening.

Slept all day (after being up all last night)

Took a shower/shaved my legs

Went to my parents' place

Did laundry

Ate dinner (pizza, salad, pasta salad) with my family

Played games (Monopoly and Uno) with my family

Walked for over a mile with my husband

Friday

Shower and shave

Saw my therapist

Give my sister a ride

Groceries

Fringe.....coffee shop with Tim, Joe and John.......I saw Theresa holding hands with a guy (me sad)

Watch some kind of performance....jugglers with fire.

The Next Act Pub

Saturday

Slept all day

Go to the Fringe

Starbucks

Saw my crush with her boyfriend. They were holding hands.  I said "Hi"  to them.

The Accent Restaurant......with Tim Joe and Ernie

The Next Act Pub..........with Joe