Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Haven't slept much lately.  But made my appointments today, and errands.  My nurse told me we had a shooting near by in the past couple of weeks.  Apparently a sniper trying to pick off people on the beach.  He lives in a condo on the beach, and having been in the marines, recognized that it was gunfire.  Fortunately no one was hurt and the gunman restrained.  After Orlando and hearing this, I am fearful of being in crowds, a mall, anywhere thinking there may be a gunman around.  Living in fear is not what the US is all about.  People without depression or anxiety may handle it better.  But at least for me, I am becoming paranoid.  

The reality of all the tragic events in the past few years makes one wonder why all this has not been somewhat rectified.  Forget the protocol followed by Congress and the Senate.  Just react and pass a bill restricting weapons used in wars, and have more intensive background checks.  Period.   

I took a shower. I ate something small. I watched a movie to try to swing my mood a little, and after having not been on here in a while I logged on and have done a few posts. I also took an online permit practice test, and did one of those anxiety scale tests. To which, I was at 73. 

It's 122pm and so far I've eaten cake, layed back in bed for a couple hours, then came on this site, and possibly offered satisfactory advice to a couple people. Now I may go lay again. So I accomplished something, just nothing productive for myself. 

Had a really good session with my counselor.  I think we might have made a breakthrough today.  Sure feel better now than I have in weeks.  

Got stuck in downtown traffic again.  With all the tourist and cruise ships which dock on Wednesday.  Also a big game at one of the stadiums.

Then to the doctor for a shot.

Finally home and really tired.

Have a lot to do but I'm going to blow it off until tomorrow.

It has been a busy week.  

Still trying to process the Orlando tragedy.

After wasting away the morning I resolved to do something outside for the afternoon, so I went out to one of my favorite disc golf courses to get in a round or two. As luck would have it, some stupid kids came along right at the same time and even though I had no interaction with them, I got so frustrated that I went back home after only a few holes. But I cleaned my shower when I got home which was long overdue and now I'm sitting in the AC trying to cool down. 

Had really weird dreams last night.  The kind that sort of stick with you throughout the day.  I'm sure someone who could interpret dreams would have a field day.  This hasn't happened for a while.  Hoping no more for awhile.

Got a lot done around the house yesterday.  

Worked in my office today after sleeping in late.  Really behind in filing, balancing accounts, and entering transactions into my accounting program on my computer.

Weather has been rain and lower temps than normal.  A stark contrast what California is experiencing.   I am worried about my friend in Palm Springs.  The temp on Monday is supposed to be 121 or could go higher. One of the reasons I am glad I didn't move there.  Love the city, but too hot for me in the summers.

This weekend I went out to eat with my parents for fathers day. I felt better than I did for mothers day (Progress?) I was of service and I put on a happy face for the family. I was a bit bored. I would rate my mood for the day as 7/10 overall it was pretty good. Today I went to an AA meeting. It is important for me to face my depression and problems head on without alcohol or drugs. So I try to work the steps of AA with a sponsor and go to meetings. I went to a meeting today and shared my story. Some people related to me. It felt a bit better, but after the meeting I felt way better. I then come on here and try to share what I am doing to try to help others. I overcame fear twice this past couple months. It was difficult. I urge people that are hurting to share it with others. Hiding it is terrible for me. It makes it way harder. Find someone that you can share your emotions with that will trust you enough that you don't need to go to a psych ward or something crazy. I have had some help dealing with fear, being lonely, and being bored. It has helped. 

I bought a lamp on a whim when out to buy a cord for the TV. I love it but.. I gotta watch my budget from now on : P

Oh and I work full-time now, I guess that's a bigger accomplishment~

Edited by verDominai

Sick of the news.  Too depressing.  I can't believe after 49 young people lost their lives a week ago the congress still won't pass stricter gun laws.  Today the four bills proposed failed.  I think we know why they failed like so many bills President Obama has tried to get through.  A nonpartisan congress.  I fear something worse will happen unless we establish some unity and start thinking of the best for the people, not just their party.

Nervous about an eye procedure tomorrow.  It is not a pleasant one.  My eye sight is getting worse to some disease of the eyes.  So I have this procedure every six months, and a mini one every month.

Kind of just numb.  Maybe it is better to be depressed write now not able to look at the world as it really is.  Perhaps the armor we wear will protect us from the unbelievable reality happening all around us.  

2 hours ago, Demonpenz said:

I cleaned my car today. I am trying to stay on top of that. People like me with mood disorders often can't do the simple tasks like cleaning. 

Wish my husband understood that.

Edited by Natasha1
Typo

In new the community.. been going thru a long ruff patch....

My things I did for the day. were finish baking the casserole I made yesterday, took a shower and watered my plants and took my meds for the day. I also worked a little on a paper I was helping a friend with and took a nap.