Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Two busses

Information session for a group that I won't be going through with, but I did get a good laugh out of a girl who mentioned her wait for a Psychiatrist was like them saying "Have fun not trying to **** yourself".

Two busses

Shower

I've realized that I have been feeling more energy since I started posting here. Everyday, I want to post something here even if it is small. I do not contribute well to other people's threads, but I can at least help myself.

I have been studying a language for four years, and now I want to begin using a native speaking tutor online to help me. This is somewhat scary to me, because I have to use Skype and talk to someone who speaks limited English. I always hated the sound of my voice over electronics, so this adds to the anxiety. I hope that I can push through it.

I feel bombarded with everything today had to offer.  Woke up and turned on the news, of course all about the political scandals. 

Got my head around something else, had coffee and got ready to run errands, haircut, shopping and such.

The woman who cuts my hair moved from her salon to one much further out.  I got lost, even with  directions.  Got panicky, thought I made the wrong turn again, and then I spot Michelle, my hair gal, standing out in the driveway flagging me down.  Had she not I probably would still be trying to find it.  

Seattle had a major black out downtown which affected everything.  Fortunately it only lasted about 1/2 hour or so.  

Went to grocery store, spent a ton on groceries, finally home to relax.

I was just down at the mall shopping and this woman tried to get a bag from a store, but they wouldn't give her one because she hadn't bought anything. So I gave her one of mine. :)

Which I count as an accomplishment because in the past anxiety would have stopped me from being able to even talk to her.

I went to my counselling sesh! Second one done with and I'm trying out the whole "I'll worry at X time if it's something I can't practically resolve today". It's difficult! My brain is all "oh, hell no - let's resolve this NOW! THIS IS FRUSTRATING. Don't ignore me!" and I'm like "but... worry time at 5:30?". Hoping this might help with the whole agitation aspect that's been plaguing me as of late.

So far I've enjoyed Tegan and Sara's new tracks, been out and about, up early after a bad night's sleep. Things are OKAYish, it's 1PM and I've got the rest of the day to hopefully "carpe diem". Fingers crossed.

Edited by moistnutella

So I took this door to door vacuum sales job.  My first real day was yesterday.  These damn people lied to me on so many levels.  For one, a sales position is NEVER salary.  If you don't sell whatever it is your selling, your fired, and probably won't get paid.  Secondly, they said they had a phone team that set appointments, imagine my disappointment when I get out the van yesterday and started knocking on doors.  Also, there is no script.  I gotta make my own demo based off the facts they have given me.  It's been stressful.  My birthday was yesterday.  I mentioned in the chat last night, that for a long time (12+ months), I really wanted to commit suicide when I turned 30.  Not because of the age, I just haven't wanted to be alive in a long time and turning 30 seemed to be a fitting prospect.  So, being alive today kind of seems like a failure and really wish I could rest for eternity.  I have a psychologist appointment today, and a primary care visit after.  I started writing a poem today, I couldn't post the last one it was too graphic.  Why is it when you eat birthday cake for breakfast does it seem like things aren't so bad though?  Glad to see you guys posting on here, HI DUCK!  MoistNutella, your name makes me cringe lol.

I managed to contact (online) my clinic about a prescription that needs refilling. I know my GP will want a lab test first, but I told them I couldn't afford their price. So, I confronted my social phobia by contacting them at all and stood up to their habit of ordering redundant lab tests just to pad their profit margin.

Now can I go back to bed? :smilingteeth:

Been working cleaning my office.  Endless task sorting papers, shredding, etc.

Tired though, more so than usual.

Thinking a lot about my dad who passed.  That event will ever be ingrained in my mind.

Going to get out tomorrow if the rain lets.

Mood is  so, so.   Can't concentrate real well today.  

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Shower and shaved today which is a big accomplishment for me.

I then went to Costco to return some shirts that I bought. They were too small for me. Actually I am too fat.  I need to lose weight.

Then I went to Fairview Mall here in Toronto. First time here. 

I am now watching planes land and take off at the airport.

Have a great weekend to all and happy Memorial Day weekend to my American friends. 

I slept 12 hours last night, and I woke up really late.  Felt a bit groggy and sad.  I did go to the grocery store because I was almost out of coffee.  Talked to my sister on the phone for a while.  Not a horrible day, just kind of bleh.

I went to a couple of stores today then the Flea Market where I had  coconut water and a cone.

Later I met Vanessa whom I have known for ten years. She gave me a hug. It was good to see her.  I only see her when I am visiting Toronto. 

Was meant to go clothes shopping today but ended up having a few pints with friends instead. The booze got me down a little. I visited my aunt and cousin, cheered myself up a little, until I realised I was in an odd mood (hyper yet low; frantic) and decided to head home. So a real up-and-downer!

28 minutes ago, Searchingforasoul said:

Checking out car rentals for a deal. 50 min jog (I go running 1-3 times a week).   Out to eat, a couple of glasses of alcohol. 

Nothing spectacular, just stuff I do.

Going to bed soon. 

I find no point in anything I do.

I hear you with that last line. It's a horrid feeling. Though, whether there's subjectively a point or not, it's awesome that you were able to do these things today! Car browsing and 50 minutes of exercise sounds pretty exhausting to me, though there's a clear outcome to them; to get a potential deal and to keep healthy. Such productivity is something to be proud of and I hope you are able to at least feel even a tiny bit accomplished from having done these :)