Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

So tired from all the running around yesterday.  Got up late, had a good breakfast.  Watched CNN a bit.  I'm trying to cure myself of watching the news too much.   Makes me more depressed.  Cleaned the house.  Paid some bills.  Talked to a friend of mine who is also dealing with depression.  I think we both consoled each other enough so we can face the next day more positively.  

So I decided to take this sales position.  I may have to cancel my psychologist appointment Monday because of it.  I would really like to go though.  It's nice having the words actually leave my mouth, and for another human to look me in the eyes while I'm saying it.  I really enjoy this place.  Before this place I have belonged to a couple other forums that I feel really close to.  This week I have joined a couple poetry forums.  I really hate reading some of their stuff, and some of them have flamed me already because my poetry is too dark.  Maybe it is, but at least when I post it here I feel like I'm actually connecting with people.  And that's a pretty big deal to me.

8AM (!) Mass

First meeting with soon-to-be advisor

Meeting with human services dept lady

(Took so much to screw up the courage!) Meeting with program director to ask again to move my admit date up to summer - success!

Financial aid office - more success! Good news, anyway.

Grad admissions - more good news. Still have to fill out a form online.

Made two appts for next week.

Ordered my transcripts...praying to God they're complete - I don't have long to register. If I don't sign on for summer classes, it's sayonara to housing, student jobs, and so many other resources I desperately need.

I ate enough again.

And I still feel like I didn't accomplish enough.

I made a list of tasks I must do and will try hard to complete one each day. Some are easy, like clean one mirror. Some are more complex. Just need to get some cleaning done around here!  I like lists.  But then sometimes they add too much pressure. I'm so difficult!!!

Accomplished more than I had the energy to achieve today.  Forced myself to get up, but got everything on my list done and more.  Feel like I"m having some PTSD issues.   Could use some beach time.   When living in Hawaii loved to go to this beach.  It is called Lanakai..

http://www.aloha-hawaii.com/oahu/beaches/lanikai/

If I could accomplish something today,  I would be here.

Shower and shave. Visit my childhood friends in Toronto.   Just feeling depressed.  Called my friends back home in Edmonton.  

Edited by duck

Walked to a couple more appts and back. Got great news. Felt good to get out and get some exercise, too.

Did my hair again. I always feel much better when I look nice. I forgot that for a while there, but I need to remember it in future. 

Resolved some of the tension with the landlords, and hopefully things should be all right until I can leave in 3 weeks. Keep it amicable. Much better than getting so worked up, living in tense, fearful misery, and fleeing. I should get my deposit back, too. We haven't discussed that, but I don't see any reason they could refuse it now.

I even contacted a few people who are looking for a room, and hopefully something will come of that. Plus, I got them to re-post their ad so more people see it.

Feel pretty well now. On track. :)

Definitely one of those days.  The type days only people with depression really get.  I'm on this weird nocturnal pattern.  For some reason the early, early morning hours I feel the most safe, like everyone is asleep, and I won't get calls, have to feel guilty because I wouldn't call anyone that early, kind of in my own world.  I write, or watch movies, things to get my mind off the unhappiness, or guilt the regular hours of life might bring.

In therapy my counselor asked some tough questions.  Most have said I am strong getting through all that life has thrown at me.  But he doesn't agree.  He sees a tired, worn out man tired of fighting the world and needing some peace and joy  What a relief to find a counselor who finally sees me. I am so grateful to have found him.

I've kind of been hanging around my place trying to catch up on piles of paperwork, and things I have been putting off.  I fortunately have a few days off to myself.  Need to chill!

I managed to find the motivation to get out of the house, and exercise tonight. Even though I could feel irritation build up (being around my father does that), I got through the day. Hoping for a restful sleep.

On 24/05/2016 at 0:35 AM, LaurynJcat said:

Got to the gym and worked out, then went grocery shopping. 

Good job   I need to go to the gym too

Nothing much  I showered and shaved then I visited my friend here in Toronto   I went to Costco and bought a shirt which turns out is too small for me   I also went for fish and chips and to a store called Ample.