Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Accomplished more than I had the energy to achieve today.  Forced myself to get up, but got everything on my list done and more.  Feel like I"m having some PTSD issues.   Could use some beach time.   When living in Hawaii loved to go to this beach.  It is called Lanakai..

http://www.aloha-hawaii.com/oahu/beaches/lanikai/

If I could accomplish something today,  I would be here.

Checked something off my bucket list. Yes I am 25 but we do not know when are last day will be. So why wait till we are old to complete it. I caught a fish called a tiger musky (it has teeth), it was not a giant one but it was 40" long.

Shower and shave. Visit my childhood friends in Toronto.   Just feeling depressed.  Called my friends back home in Edmonton.  

Edited by duck

Walked to a couple more appts and back. Got great news. Felt good to get out and get some exercise, too.

Did my hair again. I always feel much better when I look nice. I forgot that for a while there, but I need to remember it in future. 

Resolved some of the tension with the landlords, and hopefully things should be all right until I can leave in 3 weeks. Keep it amicable. Much better than getting so worked up, living in tense, fearful misery, and fleeing. I should get my deposit back, too. We haven't discussed that, but I don't see any reason they could refuse it now.

I even contacted a few people who are looking for a room, and hopefully something will come of that. Plus, I got them to re-post their ad so more people see it.

Feel pretty well now. On track. :)

I called in sick, I felt so low today. Went to lunch with a friend, went to a coffee shop. I feel and look old. Depression aged me. But, I made it out of bed and that is good. 

Definitely one of those days.  The type days only people with depression really get.  I'm on this weird nocturnal pattern.  For some reason the early, early morning hours I feel the most safe, like everyone is asleep, and I won't get calls, have to feel guilty because I wouldn't call anyone that early, kind of in my own world.  I write, or watch movies, things to get my mind off the unhappiness, or guilt the regular hours of life might bring.

In therapy my counselor asked some tough questions.  Most have said I am strong getting through all that life has thrown at me.  But he doesn't agree.  He sees a tired, worn out man tired of fighting the world and needing some peace and joy  What a relief to find a counselor who finally sees me. I am so grateful to have found him.

I've kind of been hanging around my place trying to catch up on piles of paperwork, and things I have been putting off.  I fortunately have a few days off to myself.  Need to chill!

I managed to find the motivation to get out of the house, and exercise tonight. Even though I could feel irritation build up (being around my father does that), I got through the day. Hoping for a restful sleep.

On 24/05/2016 at 0:35 AM, LaurynJcat said:

Got to the gym and worked out, then went grocery shopping. 

Good job   I need to go to the gym too

Nothing much  I showered and shaved then I visited my friend here in Toronto   I went to Costco and bought a shirt which turns out is too small for me   I also went for fish and chips and to a store called Ample.

5 hours ago, Misanthrop said:

Does tolerating phone conversations from f*****g b*****ds- I mean client's contact person hellbent on being difficult count as accomplishment?

Yes.

• Went to work.
  • Tracked down missing in action mail at the local post office.
  • Got called in to a place I needed support from six months ago but don't anymore, so it was a short meeting.
  • Put earlier mentioned mail on the wall (It was some pictures I ordered).
  • Browsed depression forums (obviously the most important achievement of today).

Nothing much... But I guess it's better than nothing at all...

i swept outside for a few minutes (being outside seems to help a tiny bit even for just a few minutes). I cut my three dogs nails. Taking a bath now and will probably get out and pour a glass of alcohol and maybe get some laundry done.