Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Got through another miserable 8.5 hours at work, then did my shopping which I find to be a miserable chore as well. It's my day to go to the gym but man I'm tired. The place is open 24 hours though so if I change my mind in a while I can still go.

I didn't go anywhere today,  but I did shower,  & colored and cut my hair.  I didn't do any dishes, but I cooked myself a baked potato for lunch and some soup for supper.  And I even practiced on my ukulele.

YAY FOR ME!

Tomorrow I will go to my meeting (church) & visit with my mother at her home.

On Monday,  I have to go pay my water bill, since it's not an option online.  And a friend said she might come over in the afternoon.  (Mixed feelings about that)

I'm not going to have a day to myself until Tuesday & just thinking about everything makes me so tired.   I only have so much energy & I have to plan accordingly. 

But I am proud that I took care of myself today, even though it may not really seem like much. 

Woke up with a really bad headache.  It was such a beautiful day I wish I could have enjoyed it.  

Got projects done around the house, forcefully so, trying to forget my headache was there.  Kinda worked. Took some Vicodin and that seemed to help as well.

It is hard to see the positives through the lens I wear right now.  A happy moment may occur now and then.  But these victories are few and far between.

I went out to our busy Whyte Avenue,   met a friend Ken,  had coffee, walked around, looked at everyone having fun,  visit a new bar, spoke to strangers,  picked up my lazy friend Joe from his house and we had pizza then pop and donuts.

Bought a tube type bird feeder and hung it up on the back porch. I live in the city, but there are lots of trees and a fair number of birds. Have gotten a few visitors so far, finches I think.

Do birds get depressed? They don't seem like they do.

I wish I was a bird. 

3 hours ago, LonelyHiker said:

Bought a tube type bird feeder and hung it up on the back porch. I live in the city, but there are lots of trees and a fair number of birds. Have gotten a few visitors so far, finches I think.

Do birds get depressed? They don't seem like they do.

I wish I was a bird. 

Hey LonelyHiker.  Bird watching is a hobby of mine.  We have several feeders.  It gives me something else to distract me.    I don't think birds get depressed.  They have it made.  Get to fly around all the time, free food at our feeders. 

22 hours ago, Wisteria said:

Morning started with devastating crying with hurtful thoughts but the day became better as it progressed, transferred from tears to laugh.

Glad your day got better for you Wisteria.

I woke up before 6 pm.  If you add the jobs that I applied for this week and the running, I think Hell might be freezing over.

Glad to see your still fighting the good fight Duck.  

Edited by glfinding
Wanted to tell Duck he's a good guy.

I started reading a book I ordered that I'm hoping will help me figure out what I want to do and how to get out of this dead-end life. But whatever it is in my head that's been resisting moving on so far is fighting me again. In fact I think I'll start another thread about it.

The weather is beautiful here.  I am so blessed to have a great place to live with a killer view of the water (Puget Sound) Blake and Vashon Islands. and the snow capped Olympic mountain range.  From sunrise to sunset it always changes.  The sunsets are amazing, especially this time of year.  So that is always a positive.

Reluctantly got up this morning late after a night of crazy dreams.  Watched some tv and had breakfast, shaved and showered.  Then the phone began ringing.  It seems like friends call me to counsel them with their problems but they don't recognize mine.  Very ironic.  I have too much pride to say I'm depressed or sad knowing the usual response is negative or judgmental.

Working on my office getting things filed.  I've let a lot go, no energy to work on it till today.

Having a conflict with a friend in California.  Trying to resolve it but  it weighs heavy on my mind.  

Edited by highanxiety

Had a pretty good day yesterday.  Washed some clothes, got out my summer clothes, re-potted some plants, put out some bird seed and some corn for the deer we see in the backyard.  Then rode my motorcycle on some country backroads.   Then I came home got a cup of coffee and sat on the front porch and read some.  But to be honest with you I kinda had a lot of anxiety/depression doing these things but I forced myself to do them and it made me feel a little better.

On 5/1/2016 at 0:09 PM, Steve P said:

Hey LonelyHiker.  Bird watching is a hobby of mine.  We have several feeders.  It gives me something else to distract me.    I don't think birds get depressed.  They have it made.  Get to fly around all the time, free food at our feeders. 

They are digging the feeder...got home yesterday and there were seven or eight fighting for a perch (there are only four)

Thinking of getting another one for the front balcony..

Really warm day.  Getting ready for the week ahead.  Had a spell of sadness when thinking about my Dad who has passed.  Miss him a lot.  And generally where my life is headed.  

It is ironic to have many blessings and not able to recognize them.  I hope some day I can so I can get on with my life, but the candle of hope is flickering.

Lasted 9 hours at work somehow and now am going to meet a coworker at a bar to ask him about all sorts of things, including what the deal is with another coworker who I am seriously attracted to (but whom I refuse to even consider asking out as long as we work together.)

Headache back today.  I think it might be med related.  So slow going today.  

Watched the Indiana election on CNN.

I'm going to start watching less news, about the world in general.  Kind of depresses and worries me about our future.

Going to doctor tomorrow.  Not looking forward to dealing with major downtown traffic.  

Though I'm still far from perfection.
I stay relevant, I'm still vigilante.
I have so much more to say.
I have so much more to fight for.
I've used your lack of inspiration.
As my awakening, its my ability to live forever
By my own command.
To be vehement, remain confident.

- Hatebreed

I have a job interview tom which I'm pretty stoked about.  It deals with a sort of activism, which I'm always interested in people that are trying to change the world.  Changing yourself is hard enough, often doesn't happen.  Changing the world is just about impossible, I hardly ever relinquish challenges.  I doubled the distance I run tonight, now somewhere around 3.5 miles.  I've been in so much pain, but I'm still here, I'm still fighting.

Missed my doc appt, morning disorganization and anxiety...but scraped it together went to work got stuff done at work and stayed late.

took my dog for a walk with my friend, it's been hard for me to get out of the house lately, but I'm glad I did. 

I have been walking through a very rough time over the past 3 months.  And I think I'm handling it fairly well.  Every day, I try to move forward a tiny bit, even if that step is just giving myself permission to rest.  I hope there are brighter days ahead.