Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

went out to dinner with a friend. figured out I'm the girl guy's go to when there's no other choice. don't feel great. I guess I ooze low self esteem.  

Edited by ejc

I got so fed up of feeling miserable that I went back to my doctor and asked her to increase my medication from 10mg to 20mg (I use Cipralex) , which she did. It has made so much difference. I feel much more functional and more positive. If anyone else who is suffering can do the same as an option, I think it's well worth it. The hell of depression is a horrible place to be.

So far today, I managed to put away some clean dishes and I washed a few more. Now I need to do laundry! It seems like I never get ahead of the game. I think getting ahead is impossible! I will do my best to at least try to keep up.

I went to meditation then Emotions Anonymous.

Starbucks....spoke to Kennnedy

Next Act Pub with my friends

Tim Horton's coffee.

Income tax

Yesterday night I tried ASMR in order to fall asleep easier, didn't work. Made me think I'm lonely.

Today I made a list about a potential YouTube channel that I am thinking of starting... I'm very afraid of failure though.

Today, I made it to work (on time despite traffic), got some work done in the morning, made it to a networking event on time, gave a short impromptu speech, surprisingly without much anxiety, and am not working to finish the work day and prepare for a business meeting tomorrow I have to travel to.  That sounds like a good first half the day - why do I still (almost always) feel like sh*t about it?

2 hours ago, gandolfication said:

why do I still (almost always) feel like sh*t about it?

Because big problems require big changes. A small anxiety relief is nothing compared to the real, everyday, constant axiety. We all need to start from somewhere though... :)

EFT group

Art Therapy

psychologist  irene

Look for phoenix gun shop

chapters book store   .....met ken

coffee with ken at Second Cup

Starbucks

Remedy Cafe

Wendy's

13 hours ago, redeye998 said:

Did a sketch after some time. Not my best, not my worst

Screenshot_1.png

I think it`s quite good!  I`d be maybe less depressed if i was talented....and maybe not.

2 hours ago, Mikayla said:

I think it`s quite good!  I`d be maybe less depressed if i was talented....and maybe not.

I'm definately not a case about talent. Drawing is pure hard work for me, since I started teaching myself how to draw in a serious way, like if I was a full time student.

Tried to get some household stuff done, air conditioners ready for summer, laundry, anything to get my mind off a blow I received at my last counseling appointment Thursday.

Finally found one of the best counselors I have ever had.  We connect, and he has helped me so much the past few months.  He has become my rock in a sense.  Such a great guy too.  So compassionate.

At the end of a very productive session, he told me he had some bad news.  He has a rare form of cancer and will be having bone marrow transplant surgery in June.  He has been having Chemo the past four Sundays.  He will be leaving his practice in June and hopefully be back in a few months but with these things it is hard to be sure.  He said he would be referring to another counselor who he thinks would be a good fit.

You would not know anything was wrong unless he told you because he was his usual happy and positive self helping me though my issues.  I kind of was in shock.  My prayers are with him, and we will have about six more sessions.  Why do bad things happen to such good people like my counselor?  Or to any of us for that matter.  

So I will miss him and start over with someone new.  Life is hard.  Very hard.

I cried when I got in my car to leave.

16 hours ago, highanxiety said:

Tried to get some household stuff done, air conditioners ready for summer, laundry, anything to get my mind off a blow I received at my last counseling appointment Thursday.

Finally found one of the best counselors I have ever had.  We connect, and he has helped me so much the past few months.  He has become my rock in a sense.  Such a great guy too.  So compassionate.

At the end of a very productive session, he told me he had some bad news.  He has a rare form of cancer and will be having bone marrow transplant surgery in June.  He has been having Chemo the past four Sundays.  He will be leaving his practice in June and hopefully be back in a few months but with these things it is hard to be sure.  He said he would be referring to another counselor who he thinks would be a good fit.

You would not know anything was wrong unless he told you because he was his usual happy and positive self helping me though my issues.  I kind of was in shock.  My prayers are with him, and we will have about six more sessions.  Why do bad things happen to such good people like my counselor?  Or to any of us for that matter.  

So I will miss him and start over with someone new.  Life is hard.  Very hard.

I cried when I got in my car to leave.

I'm sorry for you and you're therapist High Anxiety.  Hope you will find someone new that you like.

4 hours ago, JasonDark said:

Cleaned for 29 minutes...going to start adding +3 minutes instead of +1...apartment still embarrassingly bad, but going to keep going forward as I'm making progress.

Good for you JasonDark.  Just take baby steps.  And anything is better than nothing.

I rested today. I don't often do that. I often do nothing, but this time I allowed myself to do nothing and not feel guilty. Except I really do feel guilty so now I'm trying to find something I can do. Then I'll go back to resting.