Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

I fhink I'm on autopilot.  I haven't felt like diing anything however I've been very consistent with keeping up with my workouts.  It takes me a while to get started but I get it done despite the motivational challenges im facing lately. :)

8 hours ago, duck said:

Shower and shave.

3 hours ago, zenzang said:

I fhink I'm on autopilot.  I haven't felt like diing anything however I've been very consistent with keeping up with my workouts.  It takes me a while to get started but I get it done despite the motivational challenges im facing lately. :)

2 hours ago, Wisteria said:

Survived from the chaos alive.

Great job guys. This thread is starting to motivate me. I love the baby steps.

Edited by JasonDark

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:14 PM, highanxiety said:

Life has been tough.  I pushed myself to accomplish stuff around the house, laundry, cleaning, plus paying bills and catching up with e-mails.  Lately I have been having a hard time controlling my depression.  It is definitely controlling me these days.  Lack of energy, not wanting to socialize, blaming myself for things I've done wrong in the past, missing the hundred or so people I lost over the years, in particular my parents.  Typical depression stuff, at least for me.

My medication has been bumped up, but doesn't seem to be helping.  My primary physician and therapist are convinced my depression is more chemical than circumstantial.  However I have many triggers like some bad health news, and a significant loss of a close family friend that put me in a spiral.

My therapist seems pretty concerned which concerns me.  I'm doing all my homework, but he understands my depression and has said many times if I told him I wasn't depressed with the plateful of issues I have, he would have a real concern.   So I guess I am officially depressed.  

Sometimes I don't know if it is the PTSD I suffer that throws me over the edge.  So many questions, trying to accomplish something daily and seem to keep up.  But I feel worse than I have in a long time.  I hate it!

Sorry to whine, and this post is probably under the wrong thread.  Not sure where the "Post Anything Thread" went.  

Hope everyone else is having a better day and can see hope in their future.

You're not whining.  You're just venting.  Hope you feel better soon.

I went for a jog this morning. I try to go every morning as it makes me get out of my apartment and helps clear my head. I lost my job 5 months ago and struggling to find another. I'm at a very low dip in the depression rollercoaster right now, so really need inspiration to keep me positive! This forum is great :)

I went to the gym and worked out about half an hour. I've been running up and down the stairs as sometimes the instructor for our class makes us do that and it will ultimately give me better stamina.  Also did some planks, then I did another set of them at home.  Anyway, I had to take a shower right after working out. I was dripping sweat. Shower = good.

Then I ate lunch 

I brought books back to the library, only a day late.

I bought gas for the car.  Then I bought groceries.

And I've been making dinner. After that, I don't know what will happen.

I visited my eldest sister.

I washed my van.

I went to Starbucks and spoke to a staff member Kennedy.

I had coffee at second cup coffee. Spoke to Thomas.

I met my friend Tim for coffee.

I wrote a letter to my late mom as suggested by my therapist.

On April 8, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Anony said:

Dragged myself to school to get a retroactive withdrawl form

Called my clinic (huge deal but desperate) to get in contact with my psychiatrist and sort out medication issues

But mostly curled up in bed exhausted getting p***** off at my doctor and pharmacy 

it makes me want to throw rocks at them. 

mall kiddig aside, yeah. Isn't depression twisted? why does it make us pick of stuff like that? 

9 hours ago, Sir Robin said:

Does working 9 hours count? 

not only does it count, it should be at the top. nothing worse then feeling how we do and then having to pretend like everything is ok, do work, concentrate, and make it through the day. 

Yesterday I made it back to my university and wrote the exam for a course. I'm now 1 research paper away from finishing. Whenever I go back there I get intense anxiety (whatever made me snap started there in my last semester and the next day is always terrible...) But I'm glad I didn't fully drop it and can get it behind me 

Believe it or not, I have been doing a lot.  The house inspector was coming so I actually really cleaned.  Now I don't want to move for fear it will get messed up again which, of course, it will.  Why does housework have to be repeated so often?

went out to dinner with a friend. figured out I'm the girl guy's go to when there's no other choice. don't feel great. I guess I ooze low self esteem.  

Edited by ejc