Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Really tough day today.  Kind of feel frozen or stuck.  For some reason my mind keeps replaying terrible memories, ones I have been trying to forget for years.  Sometimes they put me into a panic mode, or make me incredibly sad.  My therapist is helping me try to deal with this as best he can.  If I could forget the ugly parts of my past, I think it would insure a better future.  Finding it hard to move ahead with ghosts always around me.

2 hours ago, highanxiety said:

Really tough day today.  Kind of feel frozen or stuck.  For some reason my mind keeps replaying terrible memories, ones I have been trying to forget for years.  Sometimes they put me into a panic mode, or make me incredibly sad.  My therapist is helping me try to deal with this as best he can.  If I could forget the ugly parts of my past, I think it would insure a better future.  Finding it hard to move ahead with ghosts always around me.

You hanging there highanxiety.    Tomorrow maybe better.

I went to my depression group then I went to a coffee shop alone and had a good time.

When the coffee shop closed I went to my favourite pub alone. I was scared and anxious but I called another friend and he talked me into going in. I had a great time.  

While I was in the pub I emailed my another friend who is visiting Cambodia and Thailand.

Bought gas then came home.

I went to that exercise  class. I never learned how to do push-ups and looking at my profile in the mirror, I am a classic apple figure (round in the middle). All my excess weight I carry in the middle.

I was productive working on a website at my desk before the class.

That's it for now.

@Sonalie, good job! I know how difficult it is to eat when you can't tell if you're hungry or not or if food is a problem. Good for you!

I hurt my back last week, which is all I needed to add to this darkness. Now all I do is lay in bed or sit. Try to get to treatments for back. I am in excruciating pain and can't do anything. If I was in trouble before I am sunk now.

Need insurance to travel and I managed to get through a phone call listing all my medical conditions. I'll have to do it again tomorrow because there was a question I couldn't answer and apparently they can't save everything for later. I hate my body and myself. I'm useless. 

Did some of my homework assignments early I ate when I didn,t feel like it took all my pills,im going to continue working on my novel do laundry and figure what I have that I can make for dinner,and try to make myself be positive do positive things.if im still miesarble its just motivation for me to write more.

Coming out of a round of depression. It didn't get too bad this time. Getting lots of small tasks done today, like pricing some of my crafts to sell at a local shop. Things are looking up!

Intimacy on an emotional and spiritual level as I spoke with my weeping brother about the loss of his life partner to prescription drug addiction.  Every time we talk this way, however briefly, it brings us to a greater understanding of each other's suffering. 

I bought a used car today.  A Toyota Scion xb white.  It was tough negotiating the deal but I signed the papers.  Afterwards I remember the sales manager made some promises and I did not get that in writing so I sent an email to them.  I guess we will find out on Monday if they will honour their word.

I went to McDonalds, Starbucks, and another coffee shop.  I spoke with my new friends at these places. I also texted my regular friends.  I had an okay time.  

I hope things get better for me.  

Flurry-cleaned then went to a wonderfully engaging event with our family and my brother & nephew - wonderful to connect with him and have our kids play, we don't do this enough. Processed some unexpected news. Worked on my project. Played, read to the kids. Had a productive heart to heart about things, including my headspace and issues arising from it. Felt deeply understood. Nudged some painful past, hopefully in a therapeutic way.

Shower and shave.

The weather really sucked today. Blizzard but I managed to drive the hour to meet my co-workers.

I had pizza with my co workers at Capital Pizza.  It was great to see many of my co-workers after the two years I have been off work.  

I had coffee with two of my friends from work.

I had coffee alone at Second Cup but I chatted with the staff.  It was good.

I called and text two of my close friends.

I called the bank and had then look into why my bank card was not working. For some strange reason it was deactivated.

5 hours ago, Misanthrop said:

You work 12-hour night shifts too?

No, I'm an undergraduate student working on my thesis and running up against a deadline. 

Today, I continued being productive working on said thesis. 

Edited by JohnR

I made it to walmart and bought lots of stuff on my list. What a time I had! So hot and it's only March. Just lugged everything in and put about half of it away. Taking a break then will put the rest away. That's the part I despise, bringing the stuff in and putting it away. Also dragged the trash to the road for tomorrow's pickup. Now I can just relax the rest of the night!!! So glad that stuff is done!