Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

I went to exercise class...and showered afterward.

I have not napped, even though I'm sleepy. I made coffee instead.

I needed to write a little biography of myself for joining the board of a non-profit small press-type magazine, and send them a picture. I did that after lunch.

Checked email.

Confirmed appointment with dermatologist on Wednesday (1st visit, & I'm a little scared, but I have these spots I need to take care of).

I'm going to do some grocery shopping soon.

Went to my dermatology appointment. She scraped off some of my skin and sent to be biopsied.

And then I went grocery-shopping.

Then I napped, maybe close to 2 hours.

I don't want to do anything else at all.

I am pretty proud of myself today!! It was a slowish start. but I got my baby to school, went to the bank, picked up my meds. then came home to veg out. At first I didn't think it was a good idea, I didn't wanna just sit and get worse. But it actually helped this time. I truly relaxed. Got my car back from the repair, only a $49 repair!! so happy about that. Feelin good I get my baby from school. come home, do dishes, fold laundry, sewed ripped clothes, rolled cigs and painted my nails. I didn't mention that I actually took the time to do my hair and makeup and put on jewelry. Did some school work online and now to enjoy dinner with my family. Have a great night everyone!

Made an important phone call to have my mother's furnace serviced.  I hate making calls so much. Then I had to leave a message and wait for a call back. He called and I think I did okay. I'm always so nervous.  He's coming tomorrow. Then Friday I have a doctor appointment.  So much to think about!

Saw my pdoc today.

Went to the mall and had Tooti Fruti for the first time.

Shower and shave.

Went to a depression group.

Emotions Anonymous

Starbucks

I had a good day today , got some washing done and took my girls for a bike ride to the park. It was sunny today so that helps alot. I'm decorating a cake now helps me so much I love it.

I got the stressy application sent in at the last minute (whew!). Also: jumped in puddles with my daughter (on request), arranged for my son's friend to spend the night Friday, answered a slew of PM responses from a group I'm in, cleaned numerous kitchen messes and have now started a big pile of laundry. Relaxed in the tub with a bath bomb, CBT book, and shards of chili chocolate. Doubled up on bedtime stories after everyone helped clean up. 

The first thing felt particularly great though - there was a notable anxiety drop after hitting "send".

I did something totally out of my comfort zone today.  I met someone for coffee that I've been chatting with online for 2 years. I'm a straight woman, he's a gay man. He has been such a good online friend. He happened to be visiting a friend near me so we met for coffee and had a very nice chat. I can't believe I went out and met someone!!!  I felt very comfortable but now I'm thinking I must have sounded like a fool, and I think near the end I was drifting off... lol.  I have a very short attention span. But we met and I'm glad.

This entire past week has been appointment after appointment.  I'm proud that I made them all.  But I now am exhausted and I can feel tears forming in my eyes.  For what reason, I don't know.  So glad I saw my therapist yesterday.  What a Godsend he is.  Honestly I was ready to go off the edge before I started with him.

We are having typical grey northwest weather with rain forecast for the weekend.  Good time to hunker down, make a fire, and watch the NFL playoffs.  Maybe have some time to focus on my novel as well.

By the way, my therapist asked me how I feel being at home, and I replied, "it is where I feel safe". I am one who does not mind being alone, as long as I have a project or something to do.  Right now is all about getting ready for taxes.  And writing some.  

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

I got my prescriptions refilled. It meant calling in the mail-order pharmacy and verifying our new insurance. Shocked at how much it cost, then I realized that was 3 month's worth! I hate calling them, though--they always sound so muffled to me, I'm always saying, "What? Could you repeat that?"

Did other errands & grocery shopping.

Made dinner and called a friend. We talked and talked. My husband was out being with his dad who had to go to the ER.

Having a kind of low energy day.

I took a rainy walk to find the house of a neighbor I don't know whose package arrived here in error on Thursday. I was running out the door and signed for it, then later realized it wasn't for me. For some reason this really stressed me out, like they were going to think I was a sneaky package thief. Today I beat down that irrational worry and dropped it off (they were very appreciative). Rolling eyes at myself.

Also restocked the B2 - it still seems to be helping in the war on migraines.

Another low energy day. Went with my husband to visit his dad in the hospital. He's being treated for an infection and maybe also weird blood pressure stuff.

I made breakfast. I took a shower.

Husband and I went to see the movie, "Brooklyn," which was, for me, an accomplishment. He wants to see "The Revenant," or "Anomalisa," or "The Hateful Eight," (not sure if that's the real title, but it's the new Quentin Tarantino movie). And I stood my ground, so we got to see the movie I really wanted to see.

yay!

Got  up and did stuff around the house, mostly cleaning.  Then watched the Arizona/Green Bay Packers game.  Incredible game, kind of sorry the Packers didn't win.  Need to start preparing material for meeting with Tax Accountant.  Will do some tonight.  

Might watch "Martian" if I can't sleep.