Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

I wrote down the names of ten people to whom I am indifferent or do not like very much and tried to write down ten things I could appreciate and admire about them.

Then I went through the newspaper and anytime I came across someone seen generally as a "horrible" person, I tried to think of something good about them.  If I drew a blank I would find some goodness in what they did not do.  So if some person killed three people I noted that at least they didn't **** 300 or 3,000,000 people.  I am going to try to do this from now until Christmas if I can. 

I went to Costco and enjoyed all the samples. My depression kept me away for one year.

I went to my big sister's home for an early Christmas dinner.

I went to The depression group meeting and I felt I was heard.

Starbucks with friends.

Fill up gas.

Shower and shave. 

Congrats, Hope! Best of luck! She sounds like a tough one, but hopefully some intercultural communication finesse will do the trick. I'd just recommend remembering where she's coming from, and the lens through which she's viewing all this. Hopefully she'll meet you halfway, but she might not see that as her responsibility, as the boss, or even think of it at all.

I've made my room, and the rest of the house, presentable in anticipation of my landlord's visit. I'm just as glad, though it was partly accomplished by shoving things out of sight. That last mostly happened in my room, where I have a bunch of miscellaneous papers that I'm afraid to throw away because it keeps occurring to me that I might find them useful somehow in the future, though I haven't yet in all the years I've held on to them. Oh, well. I don't have the energy to do more than necessary right now, and I really don't want to spend the time.

I finished a proposal for a prospective client, a day ahead of my personal deadline.

Now I've got that "I can relax" feeling...

I made dinner tonight, after doing grocery shopping. Also stocked up on cat food.

I'd say that's an accomplishment.

Found the "love theme" from "Reds" online!  One of my favorite movies; one of my favorite tunes.  Imported it into my itunes library, and now I can listen to it any time.  I.  Love.  Technology.  (for the most part . . . :smile: )

Congrats, Hope! Best of luck! She sounds like a tough one, but hopefully some intercultural communication finesse will do the trick. I'd just recommend remembering where she's coming from, and the lens through which she's viewing all this. Hopefully she'll meet you halfway, but she might not see that as her responsibility, as the boss, or even think of it at all.

Thanks frozen! :) :hugs: You said it! Intercultural finesse is needed!

I also just realized a way around this with her --- a workaround. That instead of trying to continue to prove my point verbally to her, to simply just show her by doing. Inserting myself as necessary and where it's needed so that she can see first hand exactly where and how I need to be involved. She still doesn't understand my role fully, that's the main problem! She's viewing it through a very narrow lens, and just from her own perspective unfortunately. And I'm looking at the whole of the equation.

Replied to brief email from prospective client--probably in more detail than I need.

Brushed up on some SEO stuff.

I called a place I ordered some stuff from--tracking the package--it's been at a local post office for 5 days now. Why isn't it in my hands? Customer service rep said to give it 2 more days--that will make it a total of 10 business days since my order shipped.

That will be Christmas Eve.

AUGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Edited by Dolphin2013

I taught my dog a new word today. He's quite clever, so I was able to get a few nose touches to his chipmunk toy when I said the word "chipmunk." My pup and I have generalized anxiety in common, he is learning so much faster now he isn't so distracted by the world at large. I feel like this one small thing, this small chipmunk sized thing is a step to wellness for him. I'm glad we can work as a team on this!

Went to the orthopedist, who ordered an MRI (finally!).  Then I went and sat on a swing by the river to watch the sunset.  It's so warm here for December -- and now that "hump day" (shortest day for sunlight in this hemisphere) is over, I'm glad I have days of longer light to look forward to.  I was mindfully happy for 65 minutes straight! 

I cooked again (though not as healthy today...too bad, it tasted a whole lot better, yet I couldn't eat as much!).

I've managed my emotions in a way that makes me proud and hopeful. :)

And I started a DF blog in lieu of a buying a new diary! :tounge: I thought it would help, since I've been feeling a need to do that peculiar self-recording I used to do as a child. It's not about how I feel daily so much as general stuff about me. Somehow, it helps to express and record it, since I can't actually express who I am at the moment, and there isn't anyone in my life to express it to. Not yet, anyway. I don't know, I just find it helps - relaxes me, and makes me think of better, lighter things. :)

Saw my therapist which was a waste of my time and money. All he did was try to access some files from his computer. 

Got a flat tire so i filled it up with air and drove to the shop and had them repair it.  Too cold outside for me to do it myself.

Picked up my medications from the drugstore and chatted with the pharmacist who gave ma a tracking sheet for my depression.

Bought some groceries.

I made it to Nashville to be with my son and granddaughter but I'm alone in my room crying. Been crying practically the whole time I've been here. My son suffers from depression too and I feel all his pain. I'm sick to my stomach with how much this all hurts. But I'm here. I leave on Saturday.