Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

I submitted a final paper, went to a last class of the semester, and forgot to brush my teeth this morning through all the frenzied hurrying with one thing and another. I got confirmation that I don't have to submit transcripts to one grad school of any institution but the one where I'll earn my BA. Which is great because now they won't see the sole F of my undergraduate career, 3 1/2 years ago when I wiped out and didn't bother communicating with my prof about withdrawal. I've gotten nothing but A's and a B at my current university.

I kept up my good spirits through a trying moment of anxiety, and my tiredness. And at the moment, I think I'm being healthfully constructive.

I went to exercise class, didn't shower afterwards, but that was okay.

I met a friend for coffee and we caught up with one another.

I bought cat food and then came home and made dinner.

Dinner was really, really good: we get these really inexpensive steaks. I caramelize onions and then cook the steaks in the pan in which the onions were caramelized. We eat it with the onions and a little blue cheese.

In fact, I wish I could have that steak for dessert, it was so good.

I submitted another grad school application! I got an email right away saying I got the fee waiver I applied for, which was a huge relief. Now I'm done for that school. :) Two letters of recommendation are already submitted, another remains, but the official program deadline isn't until the 15th, and there's nothing more I have to do on my end (except maybe bug my prof a little if he's late, but I know they still accept late letters).

Now seven more applications remain: one for the 7th, three for mid-Dec, and three for early January.

This is a huge weight off my shoulders, though. And I'm getting better at these statements of purpose the more I do of them. :sigh:

I went with my brother-in-law to the employment center to help him apply for funds. He is currently low income.

Visited some family friends whom I know for many years but never visited. My sister and these guys had a falling out.

Went to a mediation class which is free.  http://www.sahajayoga.ca/  They teach for free and they are in all major cities in the world. Nice way to meet new people.

Emotions Anonymous meet-up group for the first time.  It was very interesting.

Starbucks for coffee and Next Act Pub with my friends.

Upgrade my computer to Win 10.

Work on my hurt issues from the past  using Thought Records.

marked some more papers & will finish them this morning

noticed when I had a negative thought and was very amused by it (I didn't go chasing after it like I often do)

slept in until 7!

hung out with the cat to keep her calm

Made it to the store for milk and meat.  Dropped some bags of clothing to Salvation Army. Dropped a check off to my friend. And the biggest accomplishment is I made two phone calls about a doctor bill.  It's not resolved yet, but it's a start.

The last day of fall classes is over!! I'm so relieved. I know I have finals next week, but two of them are online (even though they're all campus classes). It'll spare me having to slog to campus again for a week. :) I have a bit of a break here. A couple of piddling little assignments due tonight and Sunday, but I can do those quickly and easily.

I forked out $45 to join an English honors society. It's a worthwhile investment from what I can see, because of how it'll look on grad school applications but also because they have scholarships.

*sigh* So tired. I've promised myself I'm going to cook myself a substantial meal tonight. I'm not sure I've been getting enough to eat since the diet change.

I worked on more applications.

I caught up on my sleep.

I've kept electricity usage pretty low.

I watched funny animals videos that made me laugh.

funny animals videos FTW!! :1cat:

LOL. I think this is one of the funniest I've found so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxmoyidrfro&list=LLmbOwHCzlbNat9LTdIDzcTQ&index=62

I finished all my work for my art history class, so I am now officially and completely done for two of my classes! Only three more to go, and I don't have to worry about French again until later next week, so it's mostly just down to two English classes. I have a final exam for one on Wednesday, and for the other, I have to finish a short essay and then have a final on Monday.

I went out and turned down the water heater, which I'd been putting off yesterday. And I emailed the French instructor, which I'd also been putting off. I think it helped my grade, since there was an issue I didn't think he understood about an assignment. I just saw that I have an A in the class, though it's low enough that I know I need to do well on the final.

I baked a cake today. I wish I had some of it now. I brought it to a brunch at a friend's house.

I took my son hither & thither. But I bought gas for the car first. Huge accomplishment.

I did groceries and then made dinner.

Edited by Dolphin2013