Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Just spilled on my computer and my mouse is freaking out --- GRRRRR.

So I got snapped at (again) by my boss or had my wrist slapped and I'm not sure if i'm at fault this time? She had said earlier to move a Skype group chat to another chat for our website redesign & to not involve the developer on our design feedback, but I went ahead today and sent a well thought out message about SEO considerations in the current chat for the new site. Well, my boss didn't create a new chat yet & I suppose I could have but didn't.. and she said "please" let's move this over to another chat ---  that was her ONLY feedback to me, when she still hadn't created a new chat for this redesign. I didn't get ---  thanks Monica, that was great feedback, but can we move this over to another chat now and can you please create it? Or, those are great points, but let's move this over now and copy this over to the other chat.

All I felt was a slap on the wrist and lack of appreciation as usual! And I was really proud of the points I had made too --- like I was telling her that design and SEO work together, and this is why --- point by point. She had made the point earlier that design is first, SEO second. So I made the point diplomatically that SEO and web design go hand in hand and this is why, x, w, z.

Maybe she's on a power trip and doesn't like anyone disagreeing with her.

And yes, my name is Monica for those who don't know.. but you can still call me hope too. :)

Edited by havehope

Slept all day but managed to go to a depression group meeting.

Met my friends for coffee.

Shower and shave.

I gave five bucks to a homeless guy who said he was hungry.

Edited by duck

Just spilled on my computer and my mouse is freaking out --- GRRRRR.

So I got snapped at (again) by my boss or had my wrist slapped and I'm not sure if i'm at fault this time? She had said earlier to move a Skype group chat to another chat for our website redesign & to not involve the developer on our design feedback, but I went ahead today and sent a well thought out message about SEO considerations in the current chat for the new site. Well, my boss didn't create a new chat yet & I suppose I could have but didn't.. and she said "please" let's move this over to another chat ---  that was her ONLY feedback to me, when she still hadn't created a new chat for this redesign. I didn't get ---  thanks Monica, that was great feedback, but can we move this over to another chat now and can you please create it? Or, those are great points, but let's move this over now and copy this over to the other chat.

All I felt was a slap on the wrist and lack of appreciation as usual! And I was really proud of the points I had made too --- like I was telling her that design and SEO work together, and this is why --- point by point. She had made the point earlier that design is first, SEO second. So I made the point diplomatically that SEO and web design go hand in hand and this is why, x, w, z.

Maybe she's on a power trip and doesn't like anyone disagreeing with her.

And yes, my name is Monica for those who don't know.. but you can still call me hope too. :)

She is a difficult boss.  

Not just today, this has been going on all month.  I found some shows about cleaning and I've been cleaning everything really well.  I put everything possible in the washer and dish washer.  I think I've run out of things to clean now. 

I find cleaning things to be therapeutic somehow! (Once I get started anyhow...) O.O I LOVE doing it...Every monday/tuesday when my roommate's not there I go berserk...Then I light scented candles. :D

But I hate doing it when someone else is there. They're IN THE WAY

Edited by Catbug

I've never had to be aggressive in a job before... not like this. But, I am determined to continue to stand up to my boss, not let her walk all over me, or ignore my input, or ruin her online business... not if I can help it. I stood up to her, yet again, this morning to prove a point that i have been trying to make. If she continues to ignore me, I will push even harder. She is turning me into something I don't want to have to be in a job -- aggressive. But bullies only respond to equal aggression. So be it.

I have my son and granddaughter and her brother here for Thanksgiving. So far, so good.  I was depressed first day they were here but I got through it. I have to remember that we don't have to do it all. Just making a puzzle together is good. I did take time away from work to spend it with just them. Today I took them for a ride to the beach and that was nice. They got to run around on the very cold beach.  For those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, I wish you a good day filled with whatever it is you want, even if you just want it to be quiet. That's the best kind of holiday for me. Quiet.

I took the day off from work.

I kept an appointment with my recruiter. He wasn't there. I suspect something came up and I didn't let it get to me. 

I had lunch with my wife and child.

I went to the store and did some holiday shopping.

I installed new headlamps in my car.

I polished the headlamp lens on my motorcycle.

I made cornbread stuffing for Thanksgiving.Now the house smells awesome.

I logged on to DF to catch up after my hiatus.

I worked but my daughter was productive. She went shopping, spent my hard earned money but she got a job. She will be working Black Friday, possibly Saturday and in December when she gets back from the semester break.

Work was quiet.

Worked my ass off for less than $8 hr for 7 hrs. All jobs should start at 15$ hour. There are 60 minutes in a hour and if you really think about it that is sad. Who in the world can live on 7$ hour. And every year our rents go up and the pay stays at pitiful amounts. I wish I wasnt defective because I would be going for a big fancy job. Thats what I always wanted.

Saw my pdoc

McDonalds for free coffee

Attended a meditation class for the first time. (Driving there helped me with my new fear of driving which I developed a few months ago.)

McDonalds again for free coffee

Bookstore

Starbucks

Next Act Pub with my friends

I am trying to get rid of my new phobias which I developed a few months ago when my depression got worse.  I used to drive for a living and now that has become a challenge. Hopefully things will change.

Edited by duck

Worked my ass off for less than $8 hr for 7 hrs. All jobs should start at 15$ hour. There are 60 minutes in a hour and if you really think about it that is sad. Who in the world can live on 7$ hour. And every year our rents go up and the pay stays at pitiful amounts. I wish I wasnt defective because I would be going for a big fancy job. Thats what I always wanted.

You are not defective.  You are a human being worthy of respect and who should be treated with dignity.  It is a crime that anyone working hard at a job should not be paid a fair and living wage.  Be proud of yourself for hanging in there.  Take pride in your performance, and job, regardless of how it compares with others because you are fighting the hard fight.  

Yesterday, I made mountains of roasted sweet potatoes and my husband made moussaka and we went to celebrate with some friends. Fun evening. They have a new kitten and he's very playful!

Today, I'm taking it easy. I bought a new scraper for my car and we'll go take our son to see a movie later.

It's leftovers for lunch & dinner and that's fine with me!