Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Drove a friend in for his endoscopy.  I think all went well.  People are funny when they're sedated.  Cats, too - even funnier.

Anyway, afterward we met his son at Hooter's for din-din and then went to a high school football game (his son maintains stats for his old high school).

A good time.

I feel good that I got something done. I started working on a flagstone patio back in March. After a summer of depression, anxiety and hospitalization, I had not accomplished any part of it. Today, I proudly got the first level of the small retaining wall for the garden area. Now I am tired but happy.

I got up early to write my morning pages and have some solitude before my husband's brother was awake.

I made breakfast for everyone: scrambled eggs with cheese; bacon; cornbread that was left over from last night.

I shopped for fun stuff like towels and a bath rug. Oh and a room rug.

Then I sat in my room and stewed and kept thinking I should do something else, but I didn't. I played an online game.

Then my husband got take out from Chipotle (my salad was less delicious than usual).

Then he left with his bro to go see "The Martian."

And I went grocery shopping.

I wished I had had it in me to find a place to take a nap.

But it's been a less than meaningful day and to make things worse, I bought a sweet snack to munch on--just trail mix, but it's got lots of chocolate & sugar (I talked myself out of the bag of bridge mix!) (bridge mix is a depression food for me, at least trail mix has nuts and they crunch).

Today was about watching football.  I am a major Seahawks fan and I;m bummed they lost.  They should have won this, were ahead by 17 points I think in the third quarter.  Then Cincinnati tied the game up so went into overtime.  They made a touchdown and won.  So major let down for us Hawks fans.  

Did some stuff around the house, paid bills, feel pretty caught up. If my foot was not hurting so bad I would have loved to take a walk.  Hopefully it will be better in the next couple of days or back to the foot doc.  

Kind of a quiet day.