Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

i like this thread. Lets keep it going. As for me, i joined this forum, put away some clothes, and made plans to wander around the city with a friend. Depression has taken a real toll on me this winter (I think this is my 6th major bout of it in my lifetime) but I'm trying to find some new ways to climb out of it.

Oh yeah, and i paid some bills. But i did it from my line of credit, so thats kind of cheating.

I ran 22 kms (14 miles) as part of my half marathon training this morning. I now have three loads of laundry on the go and will soon go and visit my neice who has Huntington's Disease (terminal) at her long term care facility. Typical Sunday routine really. :-)

sorry to hear about your niece.

I got up showered went to the doctor got a prescription for Cipralex and asked for two weeks off work. I got it so I will be home until the 23rd. I need the rest.

Started on 5mg Cipralex. After one week increase to 10mg. It makes me sleep lots.

Edited by duck

I got up showered went to the doctor got a prescription for Cipralex and asked for two weeks off work. I got it so I will be home until the 23rd. I need the rest.

Started on 5mg Cipralex. After one week increase to 10mg. It makes me sleep lots.

Take care of yourself. Hope the side effects stop soon.

I am always happy to see people make positive steps in their lives no matter what. Initially I woke up with some mild anxiety but it went away after my weight workout and run (50 minutes) were done. Had a shower and shave then went to do some grocery shopping which went fine. Since my wife died a year ago I used to cry almost anywhere and any time be it at the local store, shopping centre or on the bus. My winter running in Ottawa was usually full of crying jags as well. I am able to accomplish things more with a fewer usurges of grief. Progress!!

This morning started off with a lot of panic and anxiety dealing with my insurance company as well as dealing with the incoming storm. Fear of trying to get stuff done tomorrow made me change my plans for today. I should have gone and worked on my mom's place but instead a had a wonderful day going out.

Beautiful warm and sunny day here. Made it to a clothing store, picked up my new med (added to what I already take) went to a book store, went out for lunch and went into an office store. I think that is the most "shopping" that I have been able to do in one day in years.

doing the happy dance atm

Today's accomplishments are more about what I didn't do, rather than what I did do.

I didn't get so angry/sad/frustrated/etc that I quit my job in a flurry of passion.

I didn't get fired.

I didn't get in a traffic accident.

Folks, if the next 28 days are anything like today, I will be lucky if I can say all of these things are true for each of them.

Today's accomplishments are more about what I didn't do, rather than what I did do.

I didn't get so angry/sad/frustrated/etc that I quit my job in a flurry of passion.

I didn't get fired.

I didn't get in a traffic accident.

Folks, if the next 28 days are anything like today, I will be lucky if I can say all of these things are true for each of them.

Sometimes those are the better kind of days...looking at the positive instead of the negative. Tomorrow will be better

Ordered a replacement screen for my laptop. Right now it's the little LCD that could, because only half of it is usable and none of it is good. I still see it desperately trying to display things in the damaged areas while I work, which often seem to be reflections of what's happening below ("I'M. HELPING."- the friendliest screen).

Managed to sit through a long session with the instructor who claims to have been a software developer before teaching and tells us we should be detail-oriented, but isn't the slightest bit fazed by mixing up File Explorer and Windows Explorer in our instructions. In addition to teaching a course using software you need to call campus support to assist you with, great job representing women in tech!

sat for hours reading tweets about the snow storm that hit today...weather being one of my panic triggers...until the point my body just shut down & I slept for 7 hours.

Positive side - I did not loose power like others around me, 2 of my young male neighbors have been shoveling my sidewalk, the snow has slowed down, the wind has gone down, the breaking sound of my house has stopped. Plus it now looks lovely outside.

I spent the entire day entertaining my granddaughter and I'm completely worn out to the point that I want to cry. I just get so exhausted and it's so hard to keep up. She is so awesome but also requires so much from me mentally and physically. When she leaves on Monday I may collapse.