Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Got some writing done. I do some freelance writing, usually CD reviews of classical music for some digital publications and for PR blurbs. Had 4 to do in the last 2 months, got 3 finished. This last one has been a challenge since I have been so unmotivated and is over due. I am sure the editor will be calling soon.  Took my meds and made some time like a good boy and at least can show I have a start. 

I woke up unexpectedly early this morning.  Minutes later I got a PM request wanting to chat because they were sad.  

So I got up, sent them a PM and eventually got them to the chat room where we had a Private Chat.  Young girl, 20, from Malaysia with 4 uncommon medical conditions, not mental health related, just needing someone to talk to.  She was very sad and upset that her posts on another medical forum went unnoticed and not responded to because she was just trying to be nice and doesn't have a wealth of knowledge or understanding about her particular medical conditions.  We chatted for about an hour before I had to get ready for work and get the kids up.  It was gratifying.  And it made me appreciate DF even more. 

I got some grocery shopping done, which was hard considering I walk to the store and back and it was in the 90's today. I got a shower when I got home and put a load of laundry in the washer. I'll dry it before bed, but will probably leave the folding until tomorrow. 

I'm trying to get more exercise into my day, so besides the walk to the store, I did some stretching for about 30 minutes. I don't really even know what I hope to gain from stretching, but it's a start at least.

Your username reminds me of the song Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood

I've never heard of that song, but I hope that's a good thing! :)

I gave notice on my apartment so I am forced to move the end of August. I really can't afford a kind of fancy 3-br apartment right now so it's kind of a relief. I live with  my daughter who has moved back home after college. It was a poor spontaneous decision I made 2 years ago to move here knowing I would have financial ups and downs and it's added to my stress immeasurably. So it's a good thing I made the committment.

-- Visited a new public library close to where I live

-- Rescued a baby spider trapped in a sink that was too steep and slick for him [her] to climb out of

Your empathy towards and compassion for all the animal kingdom does you credit. I will try to be more like you and teach my child to as well. I "saved" a spider in my therapist's office this morning. I used to be terrified of them. Now I'm merely afraid.

Peace

I woke up unexpectedly early this morning. Minutes later I got a PM request wanting to chat because they were sad.

So I got up, sent them a PM and eventually got them to the chat room where we had a Private Chat. Young girl, 20, from Malaysia with 4 uncommon medical conditions, not mental health related, just needing someone to talk to. She was very sad and upset that her posts on another medical forum went unnoticed and not responded to because she was just trying to be nice and doesn't have a wealth of knowledge or understanding about her particular medical conditions. We chatted for about an hour before I had to get ready for work and get the kids up. It was gratifying. And it made me appreciate DF even more.

You're a good man, Pess. I am sure you made her day to take the time to talk to her. Bless you. (((Hugs)))