Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

I went to the pet store to pick up some medication and dog food. That was pretty difficult, because all I've wanted to do all day is wrap up in some heavy blankets and lie in bed, watching TV or reading. Dealing with people was hard today.

I've also been busy taking care of my mother and making sure she's comfortable. She came home from the hospital yesterday, but is still sick and needing me a lot. I'm feeling really worn out because of that.

I went to the pet store to pick up some medication and dog food. That was pretty difficult, because all I've wanted to do all day is wrap up in some heavy blankets and lie in bed, watching TV or reading. Dealing with people was hard today.

I've also been busy taking care of my mother and making sure she's comfortable. She came home from the hospital yesterday, but is still sick and needing me a lot. I'm feeling really worn out because of that.

It's great you were able to get out despite wanting to bunk in. Activity is very helpful  :Coopclapping:

My classmates offered to accompany home and I was reluctant at first but I accepted and I'm so glad I did because I thought it was going to be awkward but it turned out to be really fun and I surprisingly enjoyed myself despite hating the school.

I'm down to one week left with my granddaughter.  What a "vacation" this has been.  I have to keep forgiving myself for not being the perfect grandmother. I feel so guilty that all we practically do is play cards and make puzzles. But I'm so exhausted, mentally and physically.  When she leaves, I will suffer great guilt so I expect to have at least a week of very low lows at that time. I have to remember it's my depression.

Edited by dsm

I've made some progress at work, but I still don't fully know what I'm doing and am really nervous. I have to get websites to rank high in the search engines.. it's very nerve wracking. Some days I feel like I know what I'm doing, other times I feel like I know nothing. Today I feel like I know something, so I suppose that's progress.

I didn't do a darn thing except get into the water a few times and jump up in the waves. I've been scared of going out into the water and being knocked down by a wave. I forget sometimes that my body will react to save me from dying, so if I'd gotten knocked down, I'd fight and get up again.

And besides, I know how to swim.

And the water wasn't paralyzingly cold.

I also won an argument for more lassitude and less activity on the last days of vacation.

Sent resumes and cover letters for two jobs. One of the cover letters I worked on for four days (the pros advise you keep going back to it a few times) and I still don't know if it sucked. It was scary, I keep hearing that ***** at legal aid saying "people in your area that hire people your age" and I just cringe, so actually sending my little hope for a job out into the universe (via internet in written form) kind of took some guts, so YEAH ME!